US Politics -  Trump orders military parade (220 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/7/18 1:33 PM 
To: All  (1 of 11) 

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/trump-military-parade-1.16589732

Pentagon says Trump ordered Washington military parade

Muscular military parades of the kind that are common in authoritarian countries like China and North Korea are not quintessentially American.

WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump has asked the Pentagon to plan a grand parade of the U.S. armed forces in Washington this year to celebrate military strength, officials said Tuesday.

The Washington Post, which was first to report the plan, said Trump wants an elaborate parade this year with soldiers marching and tanks rolling, but no date has been selected.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed the request Tuesday evening. She said Trump wants the Pentagon to "explore a celebration" that will allow Americans to show appreciation for the military.

A Pentagon spokesman, Charlie Summers, said Pentagon officials are aware of the request and are "looking at options."

Muscular military parades of the kind that are common in authoritarian countries like China and North Korea are not quintessentially American. The U.S. traditionally has not embraced showy displays of raw military power, such as North Korea's parading of ballistic missiles as a claim of international prestige and influence.....................

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/7/18 7:12 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 11) 
 4998.2 in reply to 4998.1 
If the tangerine toddlers wants a parade let his orange ass pay for it.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/8/18 6:45 AM 
To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 11) 
 4998.3 in reply to 4998.2 

I agree.  He costs us many more millions in vacation costs than any other President and now he wants his ego massaged with a big military tribute to HIM.

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member Icon2/8/18 8:28 AM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 11) 
 4998.4 in reply to 4998.3 

YWN666 said...

... now he wants his ego massaged with a big military tribute to HIM.

I am not yet convinced that a military parade will happen, but if it does, I wonder how the military troops involved will react. When I was an enlisted man in the Army stationed off New Rochelle, NY, the soldiers I worked with were ordered to march in a night-time parade through the streets of New Rochelle. We HATED it! First of all, it was on our own time, it was at night, and it RAINED! We were MISERABLE, all because our military superiors wanted to impress the local citizens, and I am not even sure that our commanding officers were participating in the parade.

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/8/18 12:45 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 11) 
 4998.5 in reply to 4998.3 
Yep if Putin and Kim Jong Un can have parades then he should get to have one! It doesn't matter how much money he wastes as long as he can tweet at the other two..."My parade was the Biglist Hughest Bestest most watched parade EVER!"

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/8/18 1:10 PM 
To: All  (6 of 11) 
 4998.6 in reply to 4998.5 

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/8/18 6:12 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 11) 
 4998.7 in reply to 4998.6 
Now that just might be one way to get me to watch!

To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 11) 
 4998.8 in reply to 4998.5 

Maybe the soldiers on parade will give the Orange Moron the knee. Wouldn't that be a hoot!! (Sadly would probably get a dish. disc.)

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/11/18 6:01 PM 
To: shibumiMC  (9 of 11) 
 4998.9 in reply to 4998.8 
Yes, yes it would be. ;-)

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/13/18 6:32 AM 
To: All  (10 of 11) 
 4998.10 in reply to 4998.9 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.