Entertainment -  Woodstock 50 concert scheduled (371 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 10:15 AM 
To: All  (1 of 31) 

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 7:54 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 31) 
 5754.2 in reply to 5754.1 
Out of all those listed...there's only about 5 I'd want to hear.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-22 6:30 AM 
To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 31) 
 5754.3 in reply to 5754.2 

There are only about 5  I recognized at all and most of those I have no interest in hearing.  It's a different time, but they will never duplicate the original.

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-22 8:18 AM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 31) 
 5754.4 in reply to 5754.3 

For US, they will never duplicate the original.  It's a different generation, a different attitude.  The original was just a commercial music festival, and we turned it into a legend (actually, Monterey Pop and the original Isle of Wight were better festivals).  That's all this one is.  After 50 years, we can't go back.  Jimi, Janis, Richie, and half of the Who are dead now, and Joni can't even sing about it after her stroke.

Just remember to tell those whippersnappers who attend this one to stay the hell off our lawns.

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 31) 
 5754.5 in reply to 5754.3 

Seems they added a sprinkle of folks who played at Woodstock, personally I can't see me or any of my geezer friends going to any large outdoor concert, unless it's a couple of acts in a park close by. Lately we've seen Graham Nash, very nice evening and something of a newer act, Jason Isbell & the 400 unit. Both were in a concert hall, close parking, adult beverages and both a great night out.

Sitting in a field, miles from a place to sleep and park.... for the kids.

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-22 12:14 PM 
To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 31) 
 5754.6 in reply to 5754.4 

Patrick Rock (PFR291) said...

Just remember to tell those whippersnappers who attend this one to stay the hell off our lawns.

This statement made me chuckle out loud. The movie made about the first Woodstock was sensational in its content and innovative filmmaking techniques, and I had a friend who attended the second Woodstock festival. He said that he had been disappointed.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-22 12:31 PM 
To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 31) 
 5754.7 in reply to 5754.4 

I am guessing that security will be tight - back in 1969, there wasn't much worry about terrorism.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-22 12:33 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (8 of 31) 
 5754.8 in reply to 5754.5 

I'm not as adventurous as I was when I was a kid.  Now if I travel, there are no tents involved and I need a hot shower.

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 31) 
 5754.9 in reply to 5754.8 

Thinking of the first Woodstock and 2 or 3 day concerts back in the day... attended a few, had a great time, now in my mid 60's I think back to the last Dylan concert we attended a few years ago... young kids, middle aged kids and good turnout of folks with oxy tanks & walkers. Funny thing was it was in a hockey barn, no smoking allowed, concert started promptly @ 8 PM, house lights out and stage lights on, a huge wave of smoke came up from those with seats on the floor of the arena... we had great seats, I could read headstocks of the guitars being played on stage, someone passed me a joint, great players, Dylan was Dylan, mumbling words to his tunes.... bottom line is I saw some really great acts before the arena act days, some really great acts after arena/stadium time frame started, bottom line is the sound, tone and clarity is like 1000% better, then again back then it was a event of the community and few cared as to the ability to amplify sound, it was what it was.

I have very warm memories of back in the day concerts, they keep my heart warm. Wouldn't want to extinguish that warmth by trying to replicate such things in 2019.

Edited to add, My Abe Simpson moment for March 2019.

• Edited March 22, 2019 12:51 pm  by  BlueManDude

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-22 4:30 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (10 of 31) 
 5754.10 in reply to 5754.9 

I saw The Moody Blues a few years ago and the audience was a sea of grey hair.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.