US Politics -  GOP Congressman posts doctored photo (310 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-7 10:33 AM 
To: All  (1 of 27) 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/paul-gosar-fake-obama-pic_n_5e13ac75c5b6b5a713bf380b

GOP Congressman Freaks After People Call Out His Fake Obama Photo

Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar tweeted a doctored image of Barack Obama with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and got testy when people pointed out it was fake.

A Republican lawmaker wasn’t happy when he was exposed for using a fake photo to spread propaganda.

On Monday, Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) tweeted a doctored pic that showed former President Barack Obama meeting with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani — an encounter that never happened. The photo was captioned: “The world is a better place without these guys in power.”

CNN journalist Andrew Kaczynski noted that Gosar was sharing a misleadingly edited version of a photo that was taken in 2011 — when Obama met not with Rouhani, but with former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-7 10:35 AM 
To: All  (2 of 27) 
 6262.2 in reply to 6262.1 

Typical childish GOP retort.  When you point out something their guy did, they respond with "Oh, yeah?  Well look what (insert Democratic President) did!!!"  as if pointing out something worse negates what their guy did (and their accusation was false).

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 27) 
 6262.3 in reply to 6262.2 

I have seen doctored photos by liberals many times.  For some posters it is their modus operendi. 

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-7 4:04 PM 
To: DelvinDodd  (4 of 27) 
 6262.4 in reply to 6262.3 

And yet another example of "WhatAboutism" and the "They All Do It" excuse.  Note that the troll does not give any specific examples of those "many times" in its excuse.

For some posters it is their modus operendi. 

No one would argue that point, but it is SO much more common on the Right.

To: DelvinDodd  (5 of 27) 
 6262.5 in reply to 6262.3 

You are not even 3 weeks old and already know how to type. Good going Comrade.

• Edited January 7, 2020 5:05 pm  by  Mort15

To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 27) 
 6262.6 in reply to 6262.4 

You need to get out more.

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-7 9:10 PM 
To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 27) 
 6262.7 in reply to 6262.5 

But he still can't tell when he's been put on "Ignore" by people.  Guess it'll sink in when he doesn't get replies.

I know that many here like to tease the trolls, but I think that a lot of them actually like the abuse; that's why they stay.  My motto in such situations is "Don't Feed the Troll".

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-7 10:48 PM 
To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 27) 
 6262.8 in reply to 6262.7 

Patrick Rock (PFR291) said...

I know that many here like to tease the trolls, but I think that a lot of them actually like the abuse; that's wYhy they stay. 

You know the expression "Preaching to the choir," which means wasting your time trying to convince a group about something who already believe what you're trying to convince them about. I think there should be another expression, "Debating the believers," which means wasting your time trying to get people with strong beliefs to change their minds about what beliefs they have, because they refuse to listen to reason anyway and are never going to change their beliefs. We also need a third expression, "Arguing with jackasses." I own and host a number of forums here on Delphi, and I have concluded that the Internet has created the sort of people who delight in just making trouble wherever they can, particularly in these forums. They visit forums with controversial topics and will say anything to create dissension, not meaning a word of what they say. Therefore, "Arguing with jackasses" means wasting your time discussing anything with them, because they will counter with arguments they don't really believe just for the attention you are giving them. So, my advice is to recognize their jackass behavior and just ignore whatever they write, leaving the forum discussions to the serious visitors.

To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 27) 
 6262.9 in reply to 6262.7 

I generally only respond once or twice to the newbies. Mostly to let them know I am aware that they are trolling and then just ignore them. As you saw I never got a response from the troller, because he is aware that I know he is just a pest. 

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-8 6:50 AM 
To: DelvinDodd  (10 of 27) 
 6262.10 in reply to 6262.3 

DelvinDodd said...

I have seen doctored photos by liberals many times. 

So that means it's OK to do it?

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-27
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.