US Politics -  Senate reaches deal on virus relief (63 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-25 8:26 AM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

Trump owned poperties are NOT eligible.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coronavirus-senate-bill-congress_n_5e79160cc5b6f5b7c5493fe3

Senate Reaches Deal On Massive Coronavirus Relief Bill

Democrats succeeded in attaching more money for hospitals and health care workers, as well as some restrictions on a fund to help big business.

WASHINGTON ? After days of marathon negotiations and a tense shouting match on the Senate floor, lawmakers reached a deal with the Trump administration early Wednesday morning on massive trillion-dollar emergency legislation aimed at propping up the U.S. economy and giving relief to workers hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic.

A vote on the bill, which has yet to be fully written, is expected later Wednesday.

“The Senate has reached a bipartisan agreement on a historic relief package for this pandemic,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on the floor. “In effect, this is a wartime level of investment into our nation.”

The legislation, which would cost approximately $2 trillion, includes hundreds of billions in loans for small businesses, many of which have been forced to close to fight the spread of the virus. It also provides direct cash payments to the majority of Americans who are struggling to make ends meet or who have lost jobs during the crisis.

Democrats twice delayed passage of the measure to secure key priorities. The bill now includes more funding for hospitals and health care workers than Republicans proposed, as well as expanded unemployment benefits to cover individuals who are not currently covered by traditional unemployment assistance for four months. Republicans initially proposed three months.........................

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 6404.2 in reply to 6404.1 

The market was up March 24 and is up about 500 points at 11:35 on March 24

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6:46 AM 
To: MerlinsDad unread  (3 of 4) 
 6404.3 in reply to 6404.2 

It's way down again and I'm sure that when the virus situation gets really bad over the next month, it won't get any better.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6:49 AM 
To: All  (4 of 4) 
 6404.4 in reply to 6404.3 

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/822224393/show-me-the-relief-money-no-promises-on-when-coronavirus-checks-are-coming

Show Me The Relief Money – No Promises On When Coronavirus Checks Are Coming

The $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief package marks the largest rescue package in American history. President Trump announced Wednesday that it includes $300 billion in direct payments to individuals to alleviate at least a little of the financial pain caused by the deliberate near-standstill of the U.S. economy.

But despite promises that the one-time funds will be distributed "within the next three weeks," it will likely be months before the stimulus checks hit bank accounts according to experts.

Under the plan, single people earning incomes below $75,000 will receive as much as $1,200 as "direct payments into most people's deposit accounts," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said at a news briefing on Wednesday.

Married couples would get $2,400, and parents would receive $500 for each child under age 17. About 90% of households — approximately 165 million — would benefit from the checks, according to the Tax Policy Center.

Payments would be phased out beyond those income limits, and people making more than $99,000 will not be eligible at all.

How soon can I expect my check?

"It really depends on what information the IRS has on you," Kyle Pomerleau, a resident fellow at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, told NPR.

That's because the infusion of cash will be distributed by the IRS, so those who have previously received tax refunds via direct deposit will be first in line for the rebate checks. Pomerleau, estimates the earliest those payments will go out is three to four weeks after the package is approved.

Alternatively, people who receive tax refunds through the mail will have to hold out much longer.

"I don't think physical checks will be in the mail for another three to four months," Pomerleau said, citing delays in the system in 2008 when the government last issued national stimulus payments under the George W. Bush administration.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.