US Politics -  Trump wants lockdown ended by Easter (101 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-25 8:30 AM 
To: All  (1 of 6) 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-hopes-country-will-be-reopened-by-easter-after-lockdown_n_5e7a5308c5b63c3b64985662

Trump Hopes Country Will Be Reopened By Easter After Lockdown

The U.S. is now more than a week into an unprecedented 15-day effort to encourage all Americans to drastically scale back their public activities.

WASHINGTON (AP) — With lives and the economy hanging in the balance, President Donald Trump said Tuesday he is hoping the country will be reopened by Easter, as he weighs how to refine nationwide social-distancing guidelines to put some workers back on the job amid the coronavirus outbreak.

As many public health officials call for stricter, not looser restrictions on public interactions, Trump said he was already looking toward easing the advisories that have sidelined workers, shuttered schools and led to a widespread economic slowdown.

“I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter,” he said during a Fox News virtual town hall....................

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-25 8:32 AM 
To: All  (2 of 6) 
 6405.2 in reply to 6405.1 

This is reckless and irresponsible. He puts a higher priority on profit than on human lives.  There will be many more deaths because of his actions and they are all on his head.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 6) 
 6405.3 in reply to 6405.2 

"But...but I'm not responsible. I didn't know that. It's not my fault people get sick."

Stay Safe! Stay Gold!

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 6) 
 6405.4 in reply to 6405.1 

It is fine for it to be a goal (albeit a likely unrealistic one) but not acceptable for it to be a deadline.

From: krathyn4 (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-25 9:51 PM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 6) 
 6405.5 in reply to 6405.4 

he can think it; it is up to states to do it; and much as i wish the covid would be over by Easter April 13 it will not be. So it is the most foolish thing he has said so far, and he has said plenty of things without thinking.

Message 6 of 6 was Deleted  

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.