US Politics -  Lawmaker sues Trump over Capitol attack (166 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-18 6:30 AM 
To: All  (1 of 8) 

https://nowthisnews.com/politics/bennie-thompson-sues-trump-nancy-pelosi-launches-commission-on-capitol-riot

Lawmaker Sues Trump Over U.S. Capitol Riot In Wake Of Senate Acquittal

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced she would launch a 9/11-style commission to study the “facts and causes” related to the insurrection.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) on Tuesday became the first known member of Congress to file a lawsuit against former President Donald Trump over the deadly U.S. Capitol riot. The NAACP and a civil rights law firm filed the suit on Thompson's behalf.

Separately, on Monday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced she would launch a 9/11-style commission to study the “facts and causes” of the insurrection.

These developments follow the Senate’s acquittal of Trump over the weekend in his second impeachment trial. At 57-43, it was the most bipartisan vote to convict a president in U.S. history — and the conclusion to the first impeachment trial held after a commander-in-chief left office. 

While Democratic impeachment managers built a damning case using Trump’s own rhetoric and calls to action, as well as harrowing footage of the violent insurrection on January 6, many questions about the attack — which disrupted Congress’ Electoral College certification process — remain unanswered. In their defense, Trump’s lawyers largely criticized Democrats for their rhetoric and focused on the process rather than the allegations raised. 

Now, Rep. Thompson, chair of the Homeland Security Committee, is suing Trump, along with personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani and far-right extremist groups the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, for allegedly violating the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871 by “conspiring to prevent [Thompson] and other Members of Congress” from “discharging … official duties” like certifying the election results, according to the lawsuit filed in D.C. federal court. The lawsuit mentions the pro-Trump Stop the Steal rally on January 6 where the then-president spoke, as well as the defendants’ “ongoing course of action” to contest the presidential election results. 

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 6933.2 in reply to 6933.1 

I live in MS.  I will make sure that Bernie Thompson will be primaried and lose.  Trump did not cause the attack.  It was preplanned.  He never told people to attack.  When will you idiots help the people that BLM and Antifa destroyed the businesses and livelihoods of even your own dems.  The captial rioters are being arrested and will be tried.  How many rioters and looters have been caught and tried.  OOOOPS you idiots bail them out so they can destroy, kill and maim people   HYPOCRITS

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-23 8:18 AM 
To: Memory1951  (3 of 8) 
 6933.3 in reply to 6933.2 

Memory1951 said...

Trump did not cause the attack.  It was preplanned.  He never told people to attack.

Yes he did. Yes it was. Yes he did.

Memory1951 said...

When will you idiots help the people .......................

If you want to post here, you have to knock off the personal attacks.

To: Memory1951  (4 of 8) 
 6933.4 in reply to 6933.2 

I'm sure Bernie is really worried, on the other hand, Bennie Thompson, the rep from the 22nd district is laughing at fools who think they can primary him. Most of the time the repubs don't run a candidate.

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-23 9:20 AM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 6933.5 in reply to 6933.3 

Just remember the words of Maya Angelou:  "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

This one (M51) has already shown us that it is a troll and would-be bozo, and I choose to believe it right off the bat.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-24 6:53 AM 
To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 6933.6 in reply to 6933.5 

Probably a drive-by spammer

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 6933.7 in reply to 6933.3 

I will gladly stay away from the biased opinions posted on this forum.  It is okay for you to construe information in your opinion.  But, when an opinion of the otherside is given they are attacked because they do not agree with that particular side.  So I wish  you all well.  I will not be visiting this sight again so you do not have to respond.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-24 6:57 AM 
To: Memory1951 unread  (8 of 8) 
 6933.8 in reply to 6933.7 

Memory1951 said...

I will gladly stay away from the biased opinions posted on this forum.

I'm not telling you that you have to stay away.  I'm telling you that you have to act like an adult.  The decision is yours.  We respect opinions but if they are based on falsehoods, they will be criticized.  If you can't take the heat, then maybe this is not the place for you.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.