US Politics -  Trump's deceptive fundraising schemes (518 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-4 1:07 PM 
To: All  (1 of 26) 

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-blasted-former-staffer-miles-taylor-deceptive-fundraising-payment-scheme-1580952

Trump Blasted by Former Staffer Miles Taylor for Deceptive Fundraising Payment Scheme

National security expert and ex-Trump administration official Miles Miles criticized a fundraising tactic that the former president's reelection campaign used to collect recurring payments from donors on Sunday, following the publication of a New York Times report that brought the scheme to light.

"Donald Trump is the master of the politics of personal destruction," said Taylor during an MSNBC appearance Sunday morning, paraphrasing previous remarks to which he credited President Joe Biden's eldest son, Hunter Biden.

Taylor, who served as chief of staff to the former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Kristjen Nielsen until 2019, was targeted by Trump and his supporters after publicly denouncing Biden's predecessor. More than one year after his departure from the Department of Homeland Security, Taylor revealed himself to be the "anonymous" insider behind an expository Times opinion piece, and subsequent book, censuring Trump and his administration.

Responding to the recent Times report—which detailed a confusing fundraising stratagem wherein campaign donors unwittingly found themselves giving repeated payments to Trump's reelection bid—Taylor called the former president's administration a "scam" and said the same of his second-term run for office.

"This man is a grifter, he's a con artist and he's cruel," Taylor said. "We have to look back at this period and learn a lesson, and see the total damage done by bad rhetoric coming from our nation's leaders, and how much of an effect it can have on our country and our own civility as Americans."

On Saturday, the Times reported that many of Trump's campaign donors—including a Kansas City man battling cancer while in hospice care—intended to offer one-time payments to the presidential bid, but realized later that thousands of dollars had been collected from their bank accounts via an illusive recurring donation system.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

Reply   Options 

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 26) 
 6998.2 in reply to 6998.1 

I have donated but NEVER had what is stated here happen...FAKE NEWS!

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-8 6:54 AM 
To: ShadowT (giliii)  (3 of 26) 
 6998.3 in reply to 6998.2 

It didn't happen to you so it never happened at all.  Is that the logic you really want to use?

To: All 

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconApr-8 7:26 AM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 26) 
 6998.4 in reply to 6998.3 

[SIGH]  Again . . . another day, another troll?

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 26) 
 6998.5 in reply to 6998.3 

I cannot prove anything did or did not happen. Correct statements need evidence.
The statement for this thread was a general statement that made a claim...It did not happen 2 me...So where is you list of folks deceptively donating..that is why it is FAKE NEWS.  Anti Trump bull.Sh**. I'm out of this snowflake land.

To: ShadowT (giliii)  (6 of 26) 
 6998.6 in reply to 6998.5 

As the old saying goes "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you". BYE BYE

To: ShadowT (giliii)  (7 of 26) 
 6998.7 in reply to 6998.5 

Buh-bye, you poor baby...and don't forget these;

To: ShadowT (giliii) unread  (8 of 26) 
 6998.8 in reply to 6998.5 

Most of us who are not directly involved with this story in the main do not have proof one way or another if this story is true.  You have an experience which says the story is not true.  Very good.  However, I'm probably more likely to believe something I read in the New York Times than I am an anonymous poster in Delphi Forums.  Most of us here will tend to believe our preferred news sources.  If you are reading or using sources you trust, and your sources are telling you that this is fake news, that's what you'll believe.  I'm not sure how you can do otherwise.

For me, this story is the kind of thing I believe Trump is fully capable of.  I believe Trump invented the term "fake news" because I believe Trump wanted to distract everyone - you and me - from seeing he dispenses fake news as a regular feature of his political philosophy.  Trump has probably thrown more fake news into the air than any US politician before him.  I believe Trump is all about clouding the issues, and that neither his business practices nor his politics can survive close scrutiny.  I feel fake news is just the same thing Trump has been doing his entire career, and that he is more interested in deception and keeping his various shell games afloat than he is in fair and honest government.  I think Trump always accuses his political rivals of precisely the tactics he himself uses.

I feel the January 6 riot is directly attributable to Trump.  I believe he tells lies to cover his own crimes.  While I believe all politicians lie, I believe Trump tells unabashed whoppers because telling lies is his entire belief system.  I believe the sham that is his public life depends on having him throw more bullshit and bombast than anyone else.  I believe he thinks his lies will never be completely uncovered because he tells so many of them.  I have believed for many decades that he is no damned good, that he is rotten through and through, and that he is a cancer on the American political landscape.  I am completely appalled that such a despicable character has been elected to the highest office in the land.  And part of my belief system is rooted in my news sources of choice.  I am a product of who I listen to, at least to some degree.  I am not a lifetime Democrat.  I am not a typical liberal...if there is such a thing.  I'm against Trump because he isn't worthy of my consideration, my loyalty or my vote.  Trump is a bully and Trump is a liar.  The news sources I use most often seem to agree on these points...I believe them.  

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-11 10:12 AM 
To: ShadowT (giliii) unread  (9 of 26) 
 6998.9 in reply to 6998.5 

ShadowT (giliii) said...

I cannot prove anything did or did not happen. Correct statements need evidence.
The statement for this thread was a general statement that made a claim...It did not happen 2 me..

You need some lessons in logic, pal.  Good luck in your struggle with reality.

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-11 10:19 AM 
To: alankell  (10 of 26) 
 6998.10 in reply to 6998.8 

alankell said...

Most of us who are not directly involved with this story in the main do not have proof one way or another if this story is true.  You have an experience which says the story is not true. 

He didn't have any experience that told him the story was not true.  He just didn't have any experience that told him that it was, so that meant to him that it never happened.  That's a poor yardstick for determining truth.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-26
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.