All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Christmas for Dogs and Cats   Pet Talk

Started 12/13/17 by PennyCC; 482 views.
PennyCC

12/13/17

Do you buy toys for your dogs or cats at Christmas and have fun watching them open them or playing with them?

I know I do.

Perfect Christmas tree for dog full of toys

Subscribe Charlie the dog and Baby Laura?https://goo.gl/tpEBTD Charlie was one of the happiest dogs this year and got his own Christmas tree full of treats a...

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

12/13/17

Gaelspirit

12/17/17

We had a dog named Rocky who would get so excited on Christmas, and he did open his toys and chew bones himself, LOL. It was fun to watch. This year I got Andie a few toys and a new scratching post. She doesn't seem interested in my tree at all, so will be curious to see if she enjoys what I am giving her. She's probably never known what Christmas is before. 

PennyCC

12/17/17

Sometimes our pets do not appreciate what we lovingly picked out for them for Christmas.  Sometimes I think they think everyday is Christmas and expect a toy whenever we come home.

Our dog Neeka loves a special toy, a big donkey that she treats as a pacifier, mouthing it for a long time as if for comfort.  Other times she attacks the donkeys to show the beast who is boss.  So we often have 5 or 6 donkeys on hand, half of which I sew up until they fall apart.  Then I bring out a new donkey to replace.

One Christmas we got out all her donkeys and took some Christmas pictures. We asked Neeka to sit with all the donkeys without attacking them.  Then we took her picture.  Then we released her and she had a field day attacking the mass quantities of donkeys.

• Edited December 17, 2017 10:28 pm  by  PennyCC
Gaelspirit

12/18/17

OMG what great pictures!! She really looks like she loves her donkeys! Thanx so much for sharing that with us! :)  I agree, there are times that our animals just don't seem to care what we got them, LOL

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

12/21/17

Or, perhaps we should just enjoy Christmas with a picture of a fire, cat, and dog and music on the TV.

A Very Happy Yule Log

Spend Christmas by the fireside with Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Enjoy the glow of the yule log, along with holiday music and a very Happy Cat and Dog!