All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you giving a puppy or kitten for Christmas?   Pet Talk

Started 12/21/17 by PennyCC; 353 views.
PennyCC

12/21/17

The Right Way to Give a Puppy as a Gift

With the holidays approaching, videos of “Christmas puppies” have taken over my social media timeline. It’s hard to resist the allure of these scenes, as kids and adults alike burst into happy tears at the sight of an adorable puppy wearing a big, festive bow. Cute as they are, however, these videos only show part of the story. It won’t be long before that cute ball of fluff starts barking, pooping, and chewing off its bow, and the realities of new pet parenthood set in.

A new pet can be a wonderful gift, but it can also be a challenging surprise. Before you give a Christmas puppy of your own, consider the pros and cons of bringing a new pet home.

Read rest of article.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

12/21/17

Getting A New Cat Or Kitten At Christmas Time

For a few people, it may be fine to get a cat at Christmas, in fact this could even be the best time.  If you do not celebrate Christmas at all, or have a very quiet time, with no visitors and everyone at home, it is fine to get a cat at this time.  Perhaps you normally work long hours, but have an extended period off work over the Christmas and New Year break.  In that case, this might well be the best time for you to accustom a cat to its new home...but do be aware that well meaning family and friends can decide to visit and sabotage attempts to have a quiet and peaceful Christmas break. 

Read entire article.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

12/21/17

?? 5 Reasons to Not Give a Puppy for Christmas - Dogs 101 -Animal Facts

Please watch: "Tabby Cats 101 - 10 Interesting Facts about Tabby Cats - Animal Facts" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7za1SdiDOv4 --~-- Thinking about giving...

DarkestWolf

12/22/17

Ok I am giving my cousin a puppy for Christmas. But you guys will like this it's a stuffed puppy and a gift card for a real puppy from my breeder who has no puppies this time of year but will have some in spring. I talked to her parents she is almost 12 wants to show and do obedience and maybe agility. Her parents can't afford to pay the price for an excellent quality puppy but can afford the food and everything she will need for the puppy.

I think this is the best way to give a puppy. I gave another cousin a rescue puppy of his choice for Christmas a few years ago he didn't actually get it until June. That worked out great and his parents were thrilled with the idea they saved a puppy (4 month old Border Collie/Sheltie mix) from death and got the perfect dog very active but calm.

PennyCC

12/23/17

I agree that your way was the best way to give a puppy at Christmas.  I am sure your cousin's family will be very happy with their new puppy.

I also think giving a cat at Christmas time can be easier than giving a puppy at Christmas time.

Here is a short video of a cat in a box being presented to a little girl at Christmas.

Cat surprises 3 year old girl for Christmas!

We gave my daughter a cat for christmas but it didn't go exactly as we planned. Sometimes life's imperfect moments are more perfect than you could imagine :)...

• Edited December 23, 2017 6:09 pm  by  PennyCC