All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What to do if you see a pet left out in the cold   Animal Health

Started 1/3/18 by PennyCC; 340 views.
PennyCC

1/3/18

What to do if you see a pet left out in the cold
It can be a crime to leave pets outside in extreme temperatures without food and shelter

Cold weather can be deadly for pets. As the temperature plummets in many parts of the country, The Humane Society of the United States sees a marked increase in the number of complaints about dogs and cats who have been left outside with no food or shelter.

We encourage you to contact local law enforcement agencies because pets left outside in extreme temperatures, especially without food and shelter, are at risk of hypothermia, frostbite and even death. Their owners are at risk of facing criminal charges.

Read rest of Humane Society article.

Pandora5150

1/29/18

Sadly, neglect is a problem year round and leaving animals out in the cold can be just as harmful as locking them in hot cars in the summer. I can't understand why people would get a pet and then leave them out in the elements.

PennyCC

1/29/18

I don't even understand why some dogs are considered "outside" dogs. All of my dogs live in the house.