All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cat Parenthood   Cats

Started 1/22/18 by PennyCC; 724 views.
PennyCC

1/22/18

Everything You Want To Know (But Are Afraid to Ask) About Cat Parenthood

If you’re considering the addition of a furry, four-legged animal of the feline variety to your family, then congratulations! I hope you’re adopting a cat so that all shelter pets can find a forever home.

Before you bring your new cat or kitten into your home, here are nine important things about cat parenthood I wish someone had told me before I adopted my first cat.

1. You’ll Have An ‘Aha’ Moment When You Realize Your ‘Cat Owner’ Status

Read rest of article.

Greg_LC

1/23/18

Good article, but not even close to "everything"..........LOL 

Great advice to foster, there are thousands of fosters out there that need good homes.  Foster = rent to own.......LOL 

PennyCC

1/23/18

Maybe it is a good thing that new cat owners not know EVERYTHING about what it is like.  

I like that, foster is rent to own.

Greg_LC

1/24/18

PennyCC said...

EVERYTHING about what it is like.

LOL - yup..........

I have to say that my three cats do not scratch our very nubby fabric sofa! I am amazed and cannot stress enough the importance of lots of scratching posts. We have three and they all have at least one easy to access post covered in sisal rope.

Greg_LC

2/19/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said...

We have three and they all have at least one easy to access post covered in sisal rope.

I make my own.......  extra tall.....  6 upstairs and 3 cat trees with carpet and wrapped sisal. 

(Emphasis being on Sisal, not manila.  While they look the same there is a difference in the processing and the manila can be harmful to the cats.)

Nice! My son made one as well but did not seal the ends of the carpet. It has to come off and I was just going to get him to sand the platforms and sisal all the posts. I was then going to velcro washable pet mats to the platforms.

Greg_LC said:

Sisal, not manila. While they look the same there is a difference in the processing and the manila can be harmful to the cats

Good point!

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

Mar-17

This excellent article and forum have been featured in today's Delphi Daily News http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=2837.1