All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My Hermit Crabs - 2018   Fish & Crabs

Started 1/23/18 by PennyCC; 353 views.
PennyCC

1/23/18

I have three hermit crabs that I have talked about in two previous threads. So for background, see the following.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/apartmentpets/messages/403/1

http://forums.delphiforums.com/apartmentpets/messages/975/1

Here are pictures from 2017 of the three crabs, which are sized small (Corrie), medium (Shelly), and largest (Hermie):

2017 PICTURE: Corrie (left) and Shelly (right)

2017 PICTURE:  Corrie (left) and Hermie (right)

• Edited January 23, 2018 4:07 pm  by  PennyCC
In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

1/23/18

UPDATE ON HERMIT CRABS:  22 January 2018

When the crabs are getting close to molting (shedding their old exoskeleton), they do not move a lot when I take them out of their tank to play in the water, etc.  Corrie has had a lot of trouble moving. So I expect her to molt any time now.

Hermie, the largest crab, has been very silly. He went back to a previous shell which was smaller than the bronze colored shell he was in the later part of 2017. He must not like carrying a big shell around. When he molts again, he better accept a bigger shell or he will not have very much of himself protected in this shell.

Here are pictures of Corrie and Hermie I took this week. I put some lettuce in their playground and a part of a boiled egg, shell included, in a dish. I would have taken a picture of Shelly, but he was hiding out under a piece of bark.

Jan 2018: Shelly eating egg.

Shelly on the lettuce.

Largest Crab, Hermie, who went back to his previous shell.

Sometimes I think I like having hermit crabs because I like taking their pictures. I think they are cool looking.

• Edited January 23, 2018 4:04 pm  by  PennyCC

I love the pictures of them!