All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FEATURED HORSE: Friesian   Other Mammals

Started 1/27/18 by PennyCC; 435 views.
PennyCC

1/27/18

FEATURED HORSE:  Friesian

27 Jan 2018

The Friesian (also Frizian) is a horse breed originating in Friesland, in the Netherlands. Although the conformation of the breed resembles that of a light draught horse, Friesians are graceful and nimble for their size. It is believed that during the Middle Ages, ancestors of Friesian horses were in great demand as war horses throughout continental Europe. Through the Early Middle Ages and High Middle Ages, their size enabled them to carry a knight in armour. In the Late Middle Ages, heavier, draught type animals were needed. Though the breed nearly became extinct on more than one occasion, the modern day Friesian horse is growing in numbers and popularity, used both in harness and under saddle. Most recently, the breed is being introduced to the field of dressage. [Wikipedia]

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

1/27/18

The KFPS Royal Friesian Horse

The KFPS Friesian Horse- beautiful, versatile, athletic, kind, willing, and able to do anything! May the world see that this breed is loved and enjoyed by al...

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

1/27/18

Beautiful Friesian Stallion Dancing - Grand Prix

Dressage With the Stars 2013 Natasha Althoff and Ebony Park Abe in their Grease Grand Prix Kur 5th Place with 63.9% For more information on our Friesians, go...

Gaelspirit

1/28/18

One of the most beautiful horses in the world for sure....LOVE them. Thanx for featuring!

PennyCC

1/29/18

I was looking through a magazine and saw these horses featured in an article. They really are beautiful.

The Clydesdales are my favorite horse. We sometimes drive past a farm here in Illinois with Clydesdales in a pasture, and it is a real treat to see them.

Gaelspirit

1/29/18

Oh how nice, a farm with Clydesdales! I've never seen an adult one in person...I used to work with a girl who adopted a baby Clydesdale and she wanted to train him to ride and all, but he grew so fast and it cost so much more to feed him and care for him, I honestly don't know if she kept him or not. She stopped working with us, so I lost touch with her. He was a beauty tho, and had quite the personality when I met him once.