All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FEATURED DOG: Portuguese Podengo    Dogs

Started Feb-13 by PennyCC; 52 views.
PennyCC

Feb-13

FEATURED DOG:  Portuguese Podengo

13 Feb 2018

The Portuguese Podengo is an ancient multi-sensory hound (sight and scent) breed of dog from Portugal. As a breed, the Podengo is divided into three size categories that are not interbred: small (Pequeno), medium (Médio) and large (Grande). Their coats are either short and 'smooth', or longer and 'wired'. The smooth coated variety is traditional, dating back to the 5th century, whereas the wire coated variety is an outcome of the assimilation of various other breeds during the 20th century. In general, the breed is healthy; the Pequeno (small) variety has an average lifespan of approximately 15–17 years.

Read more about the Portuguese Podengo at Wikipedia.

• Edited February 13, 2018 7:00 pm  by  PennyCC
In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

Feb-13

The first I heard of the Portuguese Podengo Pequeno was when I saw it on TV in the Westminster Dog Show in the . I found this breed very interesting and it is the national dog of Portuguese.

Portuguese Podengo Pequeno - Top 10 Interesting Facts

The Portuguese Podengo is the National breed of Portugal. There are TOP 10 interesting facts about Portuguese Podengo Pequeno. 2 DOLLARS CAN CHANGE DOG LIVES...

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

Feb-13

Podengo português looks for a squirrel

Podengo português sucht ein Eichhörnchen. Podengo português looks for a squirrel. Podengo português cherche un ecureuil.