All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Black Cats Benefit from Black Panther Movie   Cats

Started 3/1/18 by PennyCC; 723 views.
PennyCC

3/1/18

Black cats are getting adopted thanks to Black Panther

Black cats have long been seen as ‘bad luck’ and this can often lead to them having trouble getting adopted. However, their luck may be a-changing thanks to box office smash Black Panther. 

According to a recent Tumblr post by user gallusrostromegalus (via The Daily Dot), the success of Black Panther is leading to increased adoptions of black cats.

Read rest of article.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

3/1/18

"Black Panther" Increases Black Cat Adoption | E! News

The hit Marvel movie is making a real-world impact in more ways than one! "Live From E!" has the details on the latest "Black Panther" feline trend. Watch Li...

i understand that there are cultures where black cats are considered "good" luck. A black cat with a few white hairs right on her chest adopted me many years ago and i had her for seventeen lucky years. I called her white patch a "necktie" and have since learned the term "locket." She brought me company, love, friendship, and many good things that happened in the seventeen years we had each  other. She became the founder of a dynasty of cats I have had since then.
I learned many things from her.
And she was a little Black Panther too.

PennyCC

3/4/18

I personally consider black cats lucky, but I also like Friday the 13th.

I think black cats do remind us of black panthers and it is great the public image of black cats is being improved through this new movie.

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

3/20/18

This discussion is being featured in today's Delphi Daily News: Join in! http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=2838.1

Glad I am that BLACK cats are finally having a good image!