All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FEATURED BARNYARD PET: Goats   Other Mammals

Started 3/5/18 by PennyCC; 468 views.
PennyCC

3/5/18

FEATURED BARNYARD PET:  Goats

5 Mar 2018

As a city homesteader for the last 23 years, I couldn’t be happier about the current trends aimed at a healthier lifestyle for ourselves and our families. Growing vegetables and fruits in our backyards, canning to preserve fresh food for later, cooking from scratch and raising small flocks of backyard chickens are coming back into vogue in a big way. I’m so happy to see others jumping on the bandwagon. But the homesteading trends aren’t stopping there — they have moved on to creatures such as bees, rabbits…and goats.

Adorable, fuzzy, playful, impossibly small goats! Even I have been moved to consider owning backyard goats (and I am normally a very sensible person).

Read rest of article.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

3/5/18

Pets 101- Pygmy Goats

For more Pet knowledge, visit http://animal.discovery.com/petsource/#mkcpgn=ytapl1 | Pygmy goats are a smaller version of the traditional goat. You don't hav...

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

3/5/18

Baby Goat discovers trampoline

Baby goat discovers the trampoline

In reply toRe: msg 3
PennyCC

3/5/18

Goat Therapy

I love my goats. They always make me smile, and the same goes for everyone who visits my farm. Sometimes life can be stressful though, as I found out in the spring of 2016. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease while also going through a divorce. Dealing with both at once was very difficult. There was only one thing that would always make me feel better, and that was my goats.

There was one little baby doeling in particular that really brightened my days. Her name is Annie Goatley. Annie is a Nigerian Dwarf mini goat. Every time I looked at her, she brought a smile to my face, and I knew everything was going to work out. As I used the goats for my personal therapy, I started thinking that I could help other people that are suffering from stress, depression, illness, autism or PTSD by starting a therapy program using my goats. Equine and canine therapy are widely used and recognized for their medical benefits, so why not goat therapy?

Read rest of article.

Gaelspirit

3/7/18

Goats are so cute and seem happy most of the time. Love when they jump!