All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FEATURED DOG: Belgian Malinois   Dogs

Started Mar-6 by PennyCC; 829 views.
PennyCC

Mar-6

FEATURED DOG:  Belgian Malinois

6 Mar 2018

The Malinois is a medium-to-large breed of dog, sometimes classified as a variety of the Belgian Shepherd dog rather than as a separate breed. The name "Malinois" is derived from Malines, the French name for the breed's Flemish city of origin, Mechelen. [Wikipedia]

Life span: 12 – 14 years
Origin: Belgium
Temperament: Stubborn, Alert, Hard-working, Friendly, Watchful, Active, Protective, Confident
Colors: Tan, Mahogany, Black-masked fawn, Black-tipped Fawn
Weight: 55–75 lbs (25–34 kg)
Height:  22–26 inches (56–66 cm)

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

Mar-6

Dogs 101 - Belgian Malinois

For more, visit http://animal.discovery.com/tv/dogs-101/#mkcpgn=ytapl1 | The Belgian Malinois is known for protecting man.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

Mar-6

Since the Belgian Malinois is considered a variety of Belgian Shepherd, the question begs:  What is the different between the varieties of Belgian Shepherds and German Shepherds.

German Shepherd VS Belgian Shepherd

Can you tell the main differences between the German and the Belgian Shepherd? Both dog breeds are amazingly clever, and both were originally bred to be work...

In reply toRe: msg 3
PennyCC

Mar-6

5 Things You Didn’t Know About Belgian Malinois

The Belgian Malinois is growing in popularity, but new owners might want to spend a little extra time reading up on this breed before diving right into a new puppy or rescue. While certainly one of the most versatile breeds, the Malinois can be a lot of dog to handle. Whether you’re looking for basic information or some interesting facts, check out this list!

#1 – They Only Have Short Coats

#2 – The Breed That Caught Osama Bin Laden

Read rest of this article.

Gaelspirit

Mar-7

Interesting info about the breed. I always liked more the Belgian Tervuren and the black Belgian Sheepdog (forgot how to spell the long word, LOL...Groenendael or something). I saw a Belgian Sheepdog as a kid in my neighborhood and have wanted one all my life...shows how impressionable kids can be I guess. 

PennyCC

Mar-7

I think they are all beautiful dogs, but they are not for first time dog owners. These dogs need training.

Gaelspirit

Mar-8

That's for sure! 

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

Mar-8

This message has been featured in today's Delphi Daily News - Join in!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=2834.1

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

Mar-8

a friend of mine had two of them, but they were long haired even though they were pure bred for many generations.

We had a malinois a few years ago - one of the sweetest dogs we ever had.  But she did shed!!  Her undercoat came out in handfuls every spring.  The local birds and mice probably had comfy nests when she was alive.  :)