All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Expensive Dogs ONLY Rich People Can Afford   Dogs

Started May-30 by PennyCC; 295 views.
PennyCC

May-30

Expensive Dogs ONLY Rich People Can Afford

If you had all the money in the world, what would you spend it on? We think puppies are a pretty good place to start. Here are the Most Expensive Dogs ONLY R...

have seen Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, German Shepherd, Basset Hound, French and English bulldogs,Rottweilers and a few others in this list, in the hands of middle class people, also some in shelters which brings their access to anyone ready and willing to adopt them.

If people adopt a dog from a shelter we hope they are reminded of the kinds of needs each dog and breed has, for instance, room to run, attention from people, company of other dogs or no other dogs, in the adoption process.   

And every dog needs good food, water, shelter, veterinary care and love and training.

PennyCC

May-31

People who want a dog often forget about the cost of raising and keep a dog healthy. On one forum I was on, people listed all the things they needed to buy for their dog and how much it cost for food, vet bills, neutering and heartworm medicine, and in the case of poodles, how much it cost to have the dog groomed.

People should consider how much it cost to care for a pet before they buy or even adopt a dog.  It is a responsibility and a privilege to own a pet.

my point exactly. Even other breeds can benefit from grooming for nail clips, anal gland care, some baths, and long haired breeds from clippings to prevent mats or be more comfortable in summer.
We have a "free cat list" in the cat shelter i work in and i sometimes cringe because these are not stuffed animals which require no care. The adoption fee is waived for people over 60 one day a week. The animals will still need food, flea control, vet care and some grooming, and in the case of cats, litter. 
All live animals deserve the best their owners can give them. Our shelter is trying to raise money for a veterinary hospital which will charge less than most so low income people can keep their animals without having to surrender them, I have written about it in my own forum  under "New Road Ahead" (forums.delphiforums.com/cats/start ) they will provide training for new vets at the same time. 

for the animals

krathyn