All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FEATURED CAT: The Marbled Bengal   Cats

Started 6/5/18 by PennyCC; 498 views.
PennyCC

6/5/18

FEATURED CAT:  The Marbled Bengal

5 June 2018

There are two recognised patterns within the Tica Bengal breed standard; spotted and marbled.

The marbled Bengal is a result of the domestic tabby's that were used in the early development of the breed. The gene is recessive so in order to produce a marbled Bengal, the gene must be carried by both parents.

The marbled Bengal has a random swirling pattern with a horizontal flow. Preferably, there is marbling within the marbling. Marbling will have at least two or three distinct colours or shades and a strong contrast between the ground color and the marbling creates a distinct pattern and sharp edges. A spotted belly is also a distinct trait of the marbled Bengal cat. The marbled pattern develops more slowly than the spotted pattern and can take up to two years to fully develop. 

Read rest of article.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

6/5/18

Roman Bengals - Marble Bengal Kittens

Gorgeous Marble Bengal kittens 12 weeks of age www.RomanBengals.com

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

6/5/18

Here's a video of both a marbled bengal and a spotted bengal. Which pattern do you like best in a bengal?

In reply toRe: msg 3
PennyCC

6/5/18

For more information about the bengal cat in general, see a previous post:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/apartmentpets/messages/866/1

my sweet service animal David from 1995-2005 was a brown spotted Bengal.

as a breed. very intelligent from both the wild type intelligence (survival) and the tame type (getting along with humans.)

PennyCC

6/7/18

I love the Bengal breed. If I ever were to get a cat again, I think this is a breed that I would consider. I think both the marbled and spotted Bengal are beautiful.

they are as intelligent as they are beautiful, and they are a breed worth looking into for someone who wants a beautiful, active, intelligent cat.

Gaelspirit

6/7/18

Gorgeous markings!