All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Helping Your Pets on the 4th of July   Animal Health

Started Jul-1 by PennyCC; 149 views.
PennyCC

Jul-1

If we have a lot of fireworks in the area on the 4th of July, we take our dogs down to the basement and turn on a very loud movie to mask the noise.

What are some of the things you do to help your dog or cat on the Fourth?

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

Jul-1

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

Jul-1

Preparing your pet for the July 4th celebrations

The day after the Fourth of July is the busiest day for animal shelters, and it's not because people are going there to adopt; they're going to pick up their...

In reply toRe: msg 3
PennyCC

Jul-1

What Scares Cats on the 4th of July - Furball Fables

The Furball kitties are not in the mood to celebrate the 4th of July! Humane societies and shelters typically take in more stray animals during the Fourth of...

Alisia7788

Jul-6

I prefer not to take my pets with me on the 4th of July. 

PennyCC

Jul-8

I don't take my pets anywhere on July 4th, but once in a while a neighbor decides to have a big party and shoots off illegal fireworks right in their backyard.  We had a neighbor like that in our previous home and it was a real issue for us and the dogs. It was like having someone shoot a rifle right next to our home. I think that was one of the reasons we moved to our present home which has fewer connecting neighbors.