All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FEATURED CAT: Balinese   Cats

Started Jul-5 by PennyCC; 331 views.
PennyCC

Jul-5

FEATURED CAT:  Balinese

5 July 2018

Appearance:  The Balinese is a long-haired version of a  Siamese with body hair about 2+ inches long throughout and a thick and fluffy plumed tail.
Size: 5-10 pounds
Lifespan: 18-22 years
Origin: United States

What’s so great about a Balinese cat? Everything! Ask anyone who is owned by one of these fabulous felines what is so special about the breed, and you set off a glowing monologue that ends only when the speaker is exhausted. Despite his regal bearing and aristocratic appearance, the Balinese is a clown with a heart as big as a circus tent. To gauge the level of his intelligence, you have only to gaze into those sapphire eyes which sparkle with alertness and healthy curiosity. Although he is every bit as demonstrative and affectionate as the Siamese, he is somewhat less vocal, and his voice is softer. 

Read more about the Balinese at the Cat Fancy Association (CFA).

• Edited July 5, 2018 12:20 pm  by  PennyCC
In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

Jul-5

Balinese cat Facts & Information

Balinese cat - Cat Breed | Balinese cat Information - Balinese cat Facts - Documentations of Balinese cat

In reply toRe: msg 2
PennyCC

Jul-5

HollyRivers

Jul-7

I had Balinese when I was growing up she was from Champion bloodlines, she was an awesome cat my dads friend used to breed them and show them she was looking for a Siamese when she discovered them and got a variant that is a Balinese with a short coat but not showable. She fell in love with him and decided to buy him a long coated mate, and that started her breeding she stopped breeding a few years ago or I would have one now my last Balinese died about a year ago he was a lovely cat. I will wait until my puppy is mature to get one she gets to see cats so having a cat will not be a problem.

PennyCC

Jul-8

I am glad to hear someone had a Balinese. I think they are not easy to find sometimes. I hope you find a new breeder when you are ready for a new cat.