All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Does your dog help you get fit?   Dogs

Started Aug-2 by PennyCC; 72 views.
PennyCC

Aug-2

I am a fair weather walker, but it is NOT winter and it is the perfect time to get some extra exercise by walking out dogs. We have a park nearby with trees where I take my poodle Dakota to walk during the day. My husband walks our bigger dog, and I walk my poodle. If we get busy during the day, we wait until early evening when it is cooler to walk out dogs.

Does your dog help you get extra exercise?

Dakota posing for a pic during our walk at the park

In reply toRe: msg 1
PennyCC

Aug-2

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Aug-3

relaxed We have a Corgi. I could crawl on my hands and knees and spend half my time waiting for her to catch up with me. I ride my handicap scooter so I can sit and wait.

Nope, no exercise.

PennyCC said:

Does your dog help you get extra exercise?

Only in patience! lol She is not known for any sort of constant movement. Walking???? Pfffffffffffft why walk when you can alternate full out running with a dead stop and 10 minutes of dragging your nose along the ground? Hold on, is that a crow? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank! oh... got away might as well come to an abrupt stop.

We have a best friend dog and owner we see on our "walks" and he is in a motorized wheelchair while his companion continues along in a consistent manner.

So nice to run into them... as they pass me. lol

My Chihuahua takes me for a daily walk though she doesn't get thrilled at the idea of walking in the rain.  All I have to do is ask her if she wants to GO for a walk, she goes almost ballistic with joy at the very idea.

PennyCC

Aug-7

I know a person who rides a scooter who walks her little dog until she gets tired. Then the dog rides with her on the scooter. That works for them.

At least your dog gives you emotional support. That is as important as physical support.