All Pets Big and Small

Hosted by PennyCC|DoGently Blog

This forum is for people who love animals. Some people only want dogs or cats as pets. Others like a variety of pets. Let's talk about all pets in all places.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tiger needs vaccines   Cats

Started Apr-30 by darksky12; 166 views.

while there are cat owners who don't vaccinate their cats, the cats are prey to diseases which can kill them or cause problems for other animals in their neighborhood.
The usual kitty shots are called FVRCP and the P in this series Panleukopenia, can be a cat killer.  The other frequently given shot is Rabies, which is a serious disease transmissible to all mammals including humans, and subject to local ordinances how and when to be given. 
Cats like humans need regular maintenance.
You may be able to find through on line or library research, less expensive vets or  programs which will buy the vaccine for you and allow you to vaccinate your  own animal (I have volunteered for a local organization where i live that did that in the past. ) You may also be able to work out a payment plan with the one you saw last year so the bite is not so huge at one time.

darksky12

May-30

Hello  (Phantom7031), sorry for the late reply. I am getting him shots next week and anything that be related to physical exam.  First, I wanted to ask you about cat food. 

Anyway, For the longest time I have giving him Fancy Feast pate, only pate, no grilled, flaked morsels well, you get the picture.  I used many other brands that were more expensive but he likes Fancy Feast.   I wanted to buy something else besides his other food.  I go two loafs of "Fresh Pet" for cats.  Two times i gave him, and he disappointed me, he didn't eat it. I put one tube in freezer.  They say that you can only keep it for 7 days for the fridge one.. Did you hear about "Fresh Pet" or anyone that you know gives their pet on Fresh Pet.  Any help from would be so appreciated. So, I don't know, should I warm it a bit, or keep the serving out to room temperature.  I was very wrong buying that.

darksky12 

Thank you

First of all, let me congratualate you on getting him his shots and physical update. He will be around a lot longer for you and have a healthy life and you have done well, we know it isn't easy especially in the finances department.

every cat is different just like every human is different. Fancy Feast is a nutritionally complete food for cats, if you read the label you will see that it passes the inspections of the AAFCO which is a company which makes its business to check on animal nutrition. This is the best thing you can do for your cat is feed him something he likes that is also Complete and balanced for all life stages of cats, which is what AAFCO is saying it is. There are many foods on the market and many of them meet this requirement.
If he likes Fancy Feast pates, he is doing fine.
I have heard of Fresh Pet and seen it given as a treat only in the shelter. I have little knowledge of its nutritional value. Thinking that it is probably an incomplete food since we use it as a treat or to get appetite in cats that aren't eating anything. It doesn't have much shelf life. If your cat doesn't like it that is no great loss.

krathyn

host of Feline Forum

Misty (sewwhat2)

Jun-2

My adult cats are vaccinated on a three year schedule. You can buy FVRCP shots online and give them yourself. I've given FVRCP vaccines to kittens. Easy to do. Rabies vaccine has to be given by a veterinarian.