Dogmatic views -  Was Jesus a Hippie? (432 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 41) 

The bible says Joseph had a beard.  He was probably an old hippie back then.

Mary had 6 or more children and yet she is still called a virgin today.  You

figure it out..

Reply   Options 

To: ahe489q  (2 of 41) 
 1299.2 in reply to 1299.1 

The Virgin Mary are lies, this is so ridiculous!

Actually 'if; there was a Jesus, he never said go out of buy lavish gifts and stuff to celebrate his birth!

dizzy

To: fabul0us  (3 of 41) 
 1299.3 in reply to 1299.2 

...  Jesus is that guy who just sneeked across the border.

To: fabul0us  (4 of 41) 
 1299.4 in reply to 1299.2 

... not only that, the first recorded celebration of Christmas on any date was in 336 a.d. so it is unlikely that Christ had anything to with either the celebration, or how we celebrate it. In medieval times, the whole gift thing was, and still is on the night of January 5, eve of the ephiny, the Santa Clause thing is a northern Euroean thing based on the day of St Nicholas, and has nothing to do with Christor Christmas, it is only a coincidence that his day is near the impossible date suggested by the church to celebrate Christ´s bitth. , the Santa chimney, raindeer, stocking, thing is 19c American. The only English language reference to thecontinental gift giving is found in the carol, 12 days of Christmas, which happns to be 12 nights after Christmas eve.

This entire issue is a marketing thing which has nothing to do with Christ or his message. And for the fundies, who want to put the Christ back in Christmas, it is not in the Bible anyway.

To: RGoss99  (5 of 41) 
 1299.5 in reply to 1299.4 

The lavish Christmas celebration as we know it, did fully emphasise after WWI -previously it was simply known as St Nicholas.

The real story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, on the 6th of December, he was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was very young.

Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man.

Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

In 1993, a grave was found on the small Turkish island of Gemile, east of Rhodes, which historians believe is the original tomb of Saint Nicholas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

To: fabul0us  (6 of 41) 
 1299.6 in reply to 1299.5 

Actually the Santa Clause thing today, arrived via Holland, but was actually an American thing invented after the American Civil War based on the Poem, "The Night Before Christmas· and a Nast cartoon.

There is a parallel tradtion from England as in the song, the 12 days of Christmas, which is also the basis of the Hispanic versión when the presents come on 12th night, 5 January, the eve of the

three Kings, who brought presents to Jesús on the eepiphany, which was not at Bethelehem but at Nazareth over a year later. The Black wiseman, Balthazar is a areneassance versión of PC, considering

that until then the three wisemen were White in Europe, though in other places the same race as that country. They could not have represented the three races, and have followed the same star because their points of origin would have formed a triangle with Palestine in the center.

The nuber othree is not scriptural, it only refers to the gifts, there could have been two each bring the same three gifts, or 100 with the gifts divided between them.

To: fabul0us  (7 of 41) 
 1299.7 in reply to 1299.5 

vThe real story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, on the 6th of December has been known for a very long time, and I agree with it.

However everything you or anyone says here, will fully get contradicted by the usual intolerant dictator, known as Gossy the watchdog in most of the Canadian forums that do not oblige to his intolerant Lefiotism!

To: ahe489q  (8 of 41) 
 1299.8 in reply to 1299.1 

relaxed I tried my best, and I cannot figure it out....

I favour tangible and physical facts, as science reasoning!

To: Miyuko  (9 of 41) 
 1299.9 in reply to 1299.8 

I wish they would have taken pictures.  

To: RGoss99  (10 of 41) 
 1299.10 in reply to 1299.6 

Yes, I know about the three wisemen and all the controversial fable that comes with it.

I should have explored these parts of history- maybe I will in the future...

Maybe fables for an old man called Santa Claus - that drives everyone into debt!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.