General -  Update (185 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 

It's been many years since I've posted anything in this forum and thought it would be interesting to catch up and see how everybody is.

My son is Alex and he's now 24.  On top of the Aspergers he also dealt with seizures for many years.    He is a college graduate and works in a field related to his studies.  His job has him out in the bush and there are not too many social circles to navigate.   He's in the next province over from us living independently and we micromanage areas of difficulty from the distance.  He is involved in a curling league, loves camping, backpacking and biking.   He drives a car and is managing life well.   While I still desire a "social" life for him I totally understand that he does  require this from life and is thriving very well just the way he is.  He has also been seizure free for about 10 years now.   

Special thanks to ROO (Maria) for introducing us to RDI.   I really think this helped make a big difference in his life.   

Any of the other old timers care to update?   

Reply   Options 

To: Nicolalex (SYLVIAB3)  (2 of 6) 
 6300.2 in reply to 6300.1 

I'man adult with Aspergers and I only started posting here a few years ago, when this forum had already started to slow down. Good to here from someone who used to frequent here though. I haven't seen many people post here recently though.

To: Jono (narud)  (3 of 6) 
 6300.3 in reply to 6300.2 

Nice to meet you.   It's a shame that the forum isn't as active as it used to be.   Hoping all others are doing well.

To: Nicolalex (SYLVIAB3)  (4 of 6) 
 6300.4 in reply to 6300.3 

Yes, it is a shame. I wonder what happened to Merrill? She doesn't even seem to that active on the Facebook page of this forum anymore.

To: Jono (narud) unread  (5 of 6) 
 6300.5 in reply to 6300.4 

I have no idea but would love to know how she and her son are doing.  I suspect she pops in from time to time.   I've also wondered how a member KristenB was doing as we as various others that used to actively participate.  

• Edited May 2, 2017 9:52 am  by  Nicolalex (SYLVIAB3)

From: Merrill (sudsywudsy) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-27 10:04 AM 
To: All  (6 of 6) 
 6300.6 in reply to 6300.5 

Hi there! 

Hoping all is well!   Thank you for thinking about me!  

All is good here..... just many things going on.....  You all know how that is...our lives are so busy!  I'll try and come back soon! 

In the meantime... Be well and take good care!! 

Love, 

Merrill 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.