Little Nook of the Universe

Hosted by Astralchild|https://www.facebook.com/outonthetrails/

The Nook is a little spot in the universe to settle in and share photos that have been captured. It brings enjoyment to share creations that I conjure up when the desire to create something dwells within me. I am looking forward to meeting others that enjoy photography and to learn from different perspectives and constructive critique.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Crossing Paths With A Black Bear   Adventures On The Trail

Started Apr-15 by Astralchild; 101 views.
Astralchild
Host

Apr-15

Good morning everyone, yesterday we headed out to enjoy the second mild day offered to us since Spring started, we crossed paths with a black bear click here for story and photos.

kizmet1

Apr-17

FYI: I've heard that the best way to get away from a bear is to punch it in the nose should it attack.
Do blacks attack very often?
Astralchild
Host

Apr-17

I have heard of that for sharks but not bears lol however we carry bear spray that can spray up to 8 feet away.  Black bears for the most part are not mean unless ill or have a young one and mamma thinks she has to protect her young. 

kizmet1

Apr-17

Glad you have the spray.  I live in a big city.  I met a woman who grew up on an ID farm.  She bought some bear spray to use instead of pepper spray for humans as she sometimes has a long walk at night from the bus stop here.  Are they similiar?

Astralchild
Host

Apr-18

Bear spray is Pepper spray just a larger can and shoots further :) I will post a photo of it to show.

kizmet1

Apr-18

Glad to know that.
  • Edited April 18, 2018 8:26 pm  by  kizmet1
Astralchild
Host

Apr-19

Ok here is a photo of the bear spray, I was way off on my distance it sprays 30-35 feet.

kizmet1

Apr-19

Interesting.  Might be a good dog and racoon deterrent?  I am allergic to drugs and chemicals so I fear being bit.