Pennsylvania -  Philly DA Hit With Corruption Charges (336 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 2:37 PM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

BREAKING: Philly DA Hit With Federal Corruption Charges

Law 360

Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams on Tuesday was hit with a federal indictment on 23 counts of bribery, extortion and honest services fraud. 

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 3:04 PM 
To: All  (2 of 4) 
 9225.2 in reply to 9225.1 

DA Seth Williams indicted on corruption, bribery-related charges

Philly.com
Federal authorities accused Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams on Tuesday of accepting travel to the Dominican Republic, a custom sofa worth thousands and other gifts in exchange for offers to fix cases and ease law enforcement troubles for offers to fix cases and ease law enforcement troubles for a friend and business owner... In one February 2012 text message exchange quoted in the filing, Williams allegedly agreed to help a friend of Mohammed N. Ali, a Philadelphia business owner, by offering to see about shortening the prison sentence the man faced as part of a plea deal with the District Attorney’s Office. Within days, Ali offered to send Williams on a $3,000 trip to the Domican Republic resort of Punta Ca na, prosecutors said “I am merely a thankful beggar and don’t want to overstep my bounds,” Williams allegedly wrote in one text message quoted in the indictment. “But we will gladly go.” Williams also helped Ali on several other occasions, federal investigators said. “In the future always give me at least a week to help a friend,” the district attorney allegedly wrote to Ali in August 2012. “I have no problem looking into anything. … I can’t promise I will drastically change anything once it has gotten to the trial stage but I can always look into it.”

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-29 12:32 PM 
To: All  (3 of 4) 
 9225.3 in reply to 9225.1 

BREAKING: Philly DA Enters Surprise Guilty Plea Amid Corruption Trial

Law360

In an unexpected twist, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams pled guilty Thursday morning to one bribery charge and agreed to resign from his office as the eighth day of his federal trial corruption was set to begin.

From: Putting the U in Colourful! (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-27 12:40 PM 
To: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 9225.4 in reply to 9225.3 

Your promo for this cracked me up

Guess who's in jail.
discussion Not him. An unusual twist in justice
in MID-ATLANTIC STATES FORUM (Classic)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.