Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Islamophobia   Religion

Started Nov-6 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 7237 views.
RGoss99

Nov-7

You have a northern European perspective. While we have snow here, the weather is conducive to fighting all year around. For example, our equivalent of flag day is 31 January, the day the Catalans took Mallorca from the Moors.

As for legitimate trade - meaning by sea, it was open season, why go all the way to a foreign port when you, protected by your monarch, can simply take the goods from ships flying another flag, especially from those from a country of another religión.

RGoss99

Nov-7

Why do you insist of misquoting me. In this case I did not say it was "off topic" but only "slightly" so. In other words this means that I was not changing the topic, simply, e.g. "slightly" modifying the focus from the post, not addessed to you,

bml00

Nov-7

The 2014 story is another figment of his vivid imagination - he then prophesied that Israel would fall (yep I know it is daft) but there you go .

Of course we carried on , the World was in the midst of dreadful economic woes but then as now Israel was doing well .

The current Holocaust shite is not new but shite it is , as you have realised the poster is an outrageous liar

BM

BerrySteph

Nov-7

RGoss99 said:

You have a northern European perspective. While we have snow here, the weather is conducive to fighting all year around. For example, our equivalent of flag day is 31 January, the day the Catalans took Mallorca from the Moors. 

Fair enough.  I find it hard to accept that farming allows more free time than hunter-gathering.

RGoss99 said:

As for legitimate trade - meaning by sea, it was open season, why go all the way to a foreign port when you, protected by your monarch, can simply take the goods from ships flying another flag, especially from those from a country of another religión.

That cannot be right - 99% of trade had to have been peaceful and legal. It would have stopped if ships were in danger.

BerrySteph

Nov-7

bml00 said:

The 2014 story is another figment of his vivid imagination - he then prophesied that Israel would fall (yep I know it is daft) but there you go .

In 2014, it really did look as if Israel was failing.

bml00 said:

The current Holocaust shite is not new but shite it is , as you have realised the poster is an outrageous liar

I only just realised that you'd been predicting "Eternal Conflict" since 2011, maybe because you'd successfully armed the insurgents in Syria and could now clearly see the way forward to "From the Nile to the Euphrates".

Clearly aimed at the brown people in all directions.

RGoss99

Nov-7

You are thinking from a modern context, until "Britain ruled the waves" trade and piracy wen hand in hand. 

Also you have a different context, Joke, do you know how we identifiy germans who buy property here, it is in the countryside with no neighbors. Every culture has its myths, the German one, based on the fact that the Germans never had natural borders, is "leibensraum". A friend of mine got her doctorat in psychology, with a thesis based on how many members of group x does it take to fill a beach. Given a piece of beach, and I have notced this here, it can comfortably hold twice as may Italians as Germans. Carrying this to agriculture, my village has 7 neighboring villages in a 12k radious, and I can only see one, but only if I stand on my three story roof. No one (except probably Germans) lives in the space between my village and its neibhbors. All of our houses are wall to wall (no side, back, or front gardens - private space is roofs, balconies, patios, courtyards, and if I park my car on one side of the street, and don´t fold in my wing mirror, there is a good chance that it will be knocked off. Because of the nautre of the climate, weather, soil, once you have planted something, there is nothing to do but watch it grow. This is why I, and all my neighbors have land outsid the village, and spend their time doing work unrelated to farming. For example, associated with my property in town is a grove of carob trees. rain provides the water, the shepherd who pays me to have his sheep cut my weeds takes care of that problem, One weekend a year, I rent a tracktor to turn over the soil. When the carbo pods are ready, I can either pick them off the ground or off the tree, takes about two days if I do it myself. I dump the pods at the co-op, and get paid by weight. This would also be the case if I had peaches, apricots, nuts, almonds, etc. This would not work on an American or British family farm. 

the different between hunting-gathering is that the supply s iffy, and not produced by the huntergatherer, which explains the Jewish reverse exodus, the invasion of the German tribes into western and southern Europe. I don´t know a single family in the village where the income is not mixed between minimal work farming, and a for cash job in production or service. 

BerrySteph

Nov-7

RGoss99 said:

Carrying this to agriculture, my village has 7 neighboring villages in a 12k radious, and I can only see one, but only if I stand on my three story roof.

I'm led to understand that in the UK, villages are around 3 miles (5km) apart - so farmers are a maximum of 1.5 miles (2.5km) from their fields, taking a maximum of a 1/2 hour walk. 

Does that match your situation?

There will be (would have been) no individual houses between the villages, only farms with buildings. People on those farms are working pretty constantly (especially if they have animals, maybe not as much for crops).

The US is apparently laid out quite differently - townships around 12 miles apart, being the distance a travelling salesman can comfortably do in half a day on his horse.

adwil

Nov-7

BerrySteph said:

"Besides which, there seems to have been no Judaism anywhere in Palestine between c.525 CE and 1738 CE. That's an astonishing statement I've made - how can it possibly be true?"

It isn't. The Saxon Bishop, Willibald went on a pilgrimage to the holy Land during the 720s CE. He visited  "Tiberias. It stands at the edge of the sea on which our Lord walked dry­shod and where Peter sank when walking on the waters towards Him. Many churches and synagogues of the Jews are built there, "

https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/basis/willibald.asp

It isn't. In 1099 CE, the Christians of the First Crusade shut all the Jews they could find into their Jerusalem synagogue and set fire to it. We know some Jews survived because the crusaders ransomed them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Crusade#Siege_of_Jerusalem

BerrySteph

Nov-7

adwil said:

It isn't. The Saxon Bishop, Willibald went on a pilgrimage to the holy Land during the 720s CE. He visited  "Tiberias. It stands at the edge of the sea on which our Lord walked dry­shod and where Peter sank when walking on the waters towards Him. Many churches and synagogues of the Jews are built there, "

So where are they? The last known synagogue is a small one built (or maybe last rebuilt?) in Tzippori in the "early 6th century".

All you have is travellers tales, no archaeology whatsoever.

adwil said:

In 1099 CE, the Christians of the First Crusade shut all the Jews they could find into their Jerusalem synagogue and set fire to it. We know some Jews survived because the crusaders ransomed them.

So where was that? The only synagogue known from that time in Jerusalem belongs to the Karaites, condemned as heretics then and rejected as Jews today.

You have absolutely no physical evidence of synagogues anywhere in Palestine from c.525 CE until 1738 CE - the latter having been built by immigrants.

RGoss99

Nov-7

Totally different set up, most British farms have fields around the place where the Farmer lives. Here, all the farmers, with one exception live within the village and go out to their fields, often scattered with no necessary connection between them. So historicly when I bike to neighboring villages, all I see are Stone structures slightly larger then a 1 car garaje. Some of these are for checkens or pigeons, others for a shepherd to camp in, like a Scottish bothy, during lambing season, or in my case, since I don´t have or need a tractor of my own, it is rented by a neighboring farmer to park his tractor in. This is true in several cases because in a tight village structure there is not much room to park a car or tractor, so the Farmer usually bikes to his allotment. This is a change in the last century when large animals were not allowed to live inside the village. In my case, while the house is not one unit, the 5th original unit from the Street (which houses my lab and dark room on the ground floor was a stable. Also the second unit in from the street two owners before me was an open courtyard, with a stone stair to the next level up. Between the middle of the stairs and the point where it reached a wall was a Stone shelf untop of which was a wooden manger, so obviously at one point my second room in was used for animals also. As an aside, all the houses on my Street have an iron hook on one side of the front door for tying horses originally. Now, since the Street is too narrow for a rubbish truck, the hook is where one hanges different colored bags for collection by a guy hanging on the back of a pickup truck. Another primitive relic, is the Stone arch connecting my first room with the second. At the top is a doublé hook, and on the Wall another hook for a "balança Romana" scale which is still there more for decoration then anything else. The only alteration I made, when I retiled my g round floor, is to reove the iron grill below the hook to catch the blood from when animals were slaughtered there.