Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Australia on Fire   Australia and Oceania

Started 11/13/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 19178 views.
In reply toRe: msg 278
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 279
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-28

Wonderfully visual account.

In reply toRe: msg 280
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-27

Hopefully this will make a difference this summer.

RRBud

Sep-27

Hi Jen,

I most sincerely wish this effort all the success in the world!  The indigenous peoples there in Australia, just as our own here in the USA, had found out what worked to keep the wildlands healthy, and if properly done it does indeed work!  But too many white people never have learned the what, when, where, why and how of what's involved in that.  The result?  - - well, last year in Australia, this year along the USA's West Coast - - -

I don't like to see forests and wildlands burning, but it needs to be done properly.  Just as, when I was a young man, I used to see farmers burning off the stubble from various fields.  Then that was shut down by "environmentalists" who understood nothing more than those fires were putting smoke into the air.  Of course it was, but it was also benefitting the soil and increasing the next year's crop yield.

Take care!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4:00 AM

Given the strong similarities to the climates in Australia and California, if it works here it could be applied there.

RRBud

10:29 AM

Oh, it works when properly done.  And therein lies the rub - - I can't say about what's likely in Australia, but here in Crazyfornia the government will screw it up by purring ignorant and agenda-driven people in charge, trying to do the controlled burns at the wrong time of year, not burning the right areas - - - basically, they'll invent ways to louse it up that the indigenous people had discarded thousands of years ago.

You're right, I have less than NO faith in the current government of California.  Well, that's not quite true.  I have faith they'll politicize everything and mess it up beyond anything they're able to repair, then blame the problems on somebody else who had nothing to do with it.  Probably President Trump, if he's still in office next year.