Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Derailed Thread   Africa and the Middle East

Started 11/21/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 36097 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-23

bml00

Dec-23

a VERY naive Gantz will be wiped from the Political scenery he was checkmated at every single move by Netanayu , there are two strong contenders who will run against BB one is Bennet a right wing religious hard liner who is respected amongst elements in Israel and the other is Saar who was the one time Confidant of BB who ultimately disagreed with his policies and methods 

I doubt the election will do much as to win they have to form coalitions 

BM

Msg 1083.390 deleted
adwil

Dec-25

Israel, land of perpetual elections. The best argument against the strictly proportional system, I used to favour. Not to mention that voting during a pandemic isn't the best of ideas. Ah well, I hope you all come through it safely and the Government to come survives longer than the last. 

Best wishes to you and your family at this fraught time. Stay safe.

bml00

Dec-25

Dear Adders ,

Thank you , as we enter the 3rd Lock Down Our New Year will start with our vaccinations on the 12th of Jan so lets hope there is light at the end of the tunnel (one day)

As for the Elections we have a VERY savvy Netanayu and a very naïve Gantz who stood no political chance against Bibi the titan of political maneuvering but lets hope this election will see change , several of the key players in Likud have had enough of the goings on and it is hoped they can force change .

This Government has been the biggest in the History of Israel and has successfully done nothing except collect something like $12,500 each Minister each month at a time of economic hardship for many .

I wish you as always health and peace in the New Year and if nothing else lets hope it will be as interesting as the last

With warmest personal regards

BM

• Edited December 25, 2020 10:52 am  by  bml00
adwil

Dec-25

Thanks BM. I always enjoy your 'take' on Israel's politics.

• Edited December 25, 2020 12:12 pm  by  adwil
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-19

adwil

Jan-19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

"Their families say they were simply walking home from school or out with their friends when they were shot by Israeli forces."

"The Israel Defence Force said it was responding to "violent riots" at the village and confirmed it had used live ammunition.

"Dozens of rioters threw stones at IDF and Border Police forces, and also tried to roll large boulders and burning tires from the ridges that overlook the 'Alon' road, endangering the lives of passengers on the road," it said in a statement to the ABC.

"The military police has opened an investigation into the incident. The findings of the investigations will be presented to the Military Advocate General."

bml00

Jan-22

In all the sorry years that this conflict has festered the Palestinians were only making pancakes , going out for medicine for their dyeing Granny , sitting and knitting and or reading Byron or trying to fix their sun dial etc .,

Until any form of equitable agreement can be found Jews will be murdered as they are and Palestinians will be killed as they are , try , try as you may this is the state of affairs .

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-27

What could this child have possibly done that merited him getting shot?