Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sickenizing smokers   Vent Your Spleen!

Started Nov-30 by Harold27Z; 276 views.
Harold27Z

Nov-30

In general, smokers (including vapers) are selfish.  They do not care who is in the proximity and gets forced to share their stink.

I enjoyed watching a smoker fidget during an 11 hour flight.  I hope he suffered.

Smokers claim fags help them rel;ax. So how did their ancestors relax before smoking was invented ?  Did they stick a banana up their arse ?

Suppose a teenager starts smoking tomorrow. He cannot claim to be unaware of the risk. Therefore, would you have sympathy on his self-inflicted injuries ?
The moment a smoker opens his front door, the stink hits you in the face like tear-gas.
Likewise when a cat-owner opens his front door, the stink is overpowering.
In each case visitors need a gas mask.
Residents are blissfully unaware of the stench yet have the audacity to moan when a baby makes a harmless poo.

I know how to solve their smoking addiction for once and for all:
Lock them in like sardines into a Calcutta hell-hole where you could not swing a cat. Let is be pungent with stinky stench of tobacco clouds. Its an experience they will never forget.
Am I right or am I somehow wrong ?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I am trying to quit.

Don't be a dick.

Harold27Z

Dec-2

Nobody forced you to copycat other addicts at gunpoint. 

By the same token, I cannot eat "Byzantine Delight" just because my peers enjoy the taste.

Alas I cannot customize my noble principles just to keep individuals happy.

"For I am constant as the Northern Star (Julius Caesar - Shakespeare)".  Plus the Southern Cross.

• Edited December 2, 2019 4:29 am  by  Harold27Z
katiek2

Dec-2

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I am trying to quit. Don't be a dick.

Oh geez, Jenifer.  So am I, for the 3rd time in one year.  Hang in there.  Hopefully you'll do a better job than I have done.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Actually I have a hope at the end of this year.

I'm house sitting for a neighbour who has asthma and is very sensitive to the aforementioned "stink".

This is like a guard stopping me from thinking I can just sneak outside for a cheeky smoke, no one will know.

Because in order to do that, I will have to break my will, go to the store, have that cigarette (while crying), then go to my mother's house, shower, wash my hair and change my clothes before I return.

That's a whole heap of incentive to "just say no".

I'll have patches and Valium to help me through it, plus there is a quit forum here in Delphi that has great support.

I think this could be my best chance, so I'm grabbing it by the tits and charging forward!

katiek2

Dec-3

Keep on charging, - all I can say is I got through Sunday night, all day and night Monday, and 5 hours of Tuesday morning without a smoke.  I've searched this place up and down looking for a loose cigarette somewhere, but no joy.  I did find the rest of my patches, so today should be easier.

Good luck, and remember - the world isn't going to end if you slip and take a puff.  It may hold it's nose, but it won't end.  Hey, I wonder if my family would object to me smoking a little weed now & then.  It's legal here...