Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Corpse disposal   Vent Your Spleen!

Started Jan-4 by Harold27Z; 959 views.
Harold27Z

Jan-4

Suppose you die.  Does it make sense to waste big money on a fancy coffin to impress people ? 

Surely a cardboard coffin would suffice ?  Or even a plastic container similar to the one depicted (but larger for adults).

Then all your millions can go to your offsprings.

Why make undertakers rich ?  They don't care about you.

We must think outside the box.

Graveyards expand into prime green-belt property.  That ground could be better utilized by living , breathing, farting persons.  So surely it makes sense to move dead corpses into remote places like mountains or deserts or the North Pole ?

• Edited January 4, 2020 4:05 pm  by  Harold27Z
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

They have "green" burials, now.

I agree that a beautiful mahogany casket with all the trimmings is an absurd thing to bury, or burn.

Harold27Z

Jan-5

Those caskets cannot keep the worms away from a corpse forever.

Anyway, I dare say, the final solution involves catapulting corpses into active volcanoes.

• Edited January 5, 2020 2:43 am  by  Harold27Z
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-12

Harold27Z said:

Anyway, I dare say, the final solution involves catapulting corpses into active volcanoes.

Will they sell tickets?

Harold27Z

Jan-12

Why did I not think of that great fund-raising idea ?

Anyway, not even I can think of a better solution to corpse disposal.

Even with modern technology, cremations take too long yet the Nuremberg kangaroo court allowed Mickey Mouse hearsay "evidence" from "eye-witnesses" saying cremations took 20 minutes.   They take far, far longer today.

Heaven knows how many innocent Germans were tortured and hanged by the vindictive communist Yankey Doodles.

RGoss99

Jan-13

My father´s style of life was to use connections to people he knew. So when he made his funeral arrangments, they inclluded a plane wooden box.He died on Christmas, his undeertaker was a primary school mate of mine. He came by with what seemed like a social call, but what his motivaton was to get my mother to pay for an upgrade, resembling the arc of the covenant, special handles silver mountings, cushioned silk lining - my mother threw him out.  I was living in Spain the last years of my mother´s life. Because she liked her independence it was difficult to move from living alone in a three story house on an acre of land, but we bought her a condo which she moved her stuff into. It had two bedrooms, one was the "guest" room where the 4 sibs pretended dto be guests sharing the year. Me based on Easter (down time in Spain, tax time in the U.S. , one sister from Italy took Christmas, and the other two living locally divided up the rest of the year. Remembering the hassle of my father´s death, she had me help her arrange her own funeral before she died. Without my help she resisted all the extras and prepaid the funeral in advance. She did this so well that as the execuor, all I had to do was fly over the day before the funeral, and fly home after lunch. Everything was organized and paid for by her, without all the stress that often goes with funerals. As for Haold´s comment regarding worms, worms are nature´s way of recycling material, In the middle ages cemeteries of common people were filled from one side to the other and when they ran out of sapace they simply dug up the initial area, numbered the skulls and put the in an ossurary, and recycled the ground for the next generaton. Here in Spain, we have the stone coffins of deceased important people build into the walls, peer volume they are about 1/4 the area necessary for a normal person, this is because in phase two, hat was left of phase one took up less room. After death the body is simply a mas of organic material, better to bury without any box at all, or as in asian countries cremation, which the RCs finally allowed after learning from the missionaries in countries with high water tbles and the health risks of rotting bodies.

bml00

Jan-14

The Israeli / Jewish solution to burial for the future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHyg5E-RhNM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-21

Glad your mother tossed that vulture out of her house.

It seems morbid, but in the end it saves your loved ones the danger of being taken advantage of while grieving.

And allows them to grieve without having to organise a funeral.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-21

Honestly not sure how I feel about it.

Mausoleums of any kind seem so unnecessarily ostentatious.