Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

News from The Caribbean   America - all of it

Started Jan-7 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 726 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-13

MEDDLY

Feb-13

Huh? The local press is saying it was only $2.6 million. If we keep losing money like this, via cybernetic scams or local thieves (i.e. government officials), I'm quite sure the orange Liar-&-Creep will give us Independence right away.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-14

It was probably converted to $AUD for the article.

Man, our dollar sucks!

RGoss99

Feb-18

Puerto Rico is not in the Caribean. Having said that, as with many former colonial possessions of Spain, it suffers from the same problems even though it belongs to the U.S.  Personally I feel that the concept of "commonwealth" is not only false but out of date. Puerto Rico should have a plebecite to decide if they want to be a state or not. If the vote is "yes" they should apply, if "no" the U.S. should declare them independent. The American concept of Commonwealth is nothing like that of Canada and Australia.

In reply toRe: msg 5
MEDDLY

Feb-18

Forever Idiot said...

Puerto Rico is not in the Caribean

Caribbean, with two "b", not one. The Northern side is located in the Atlantic Ocean, the Southern part is located in the Caribbean Sea, part of the Atlantic Ocean.

And for the rest, I wholeheartedly agree (WOW!!!) with what Idiot to the ∞ ranted.

In reply toRe: msg 6
MEDDLY

Feb-18

Puerto Rico[a] (Spanish for "Rich Port"; abbreviated PR),[10] officially the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (SpanishEstado Libre Asociado de Puerto Ricolit. "Free Associated State of Puerto Rico")[b] and briefly called Porto Rico,[c][15][16][17] is an unincorporated territory of the United States located in the northeast Caribbean Sea, approximately 1,000 miles (1,600 km) southeast of Miami, Florida.

In reply toRe: msg 7
MEDDLY

Feb-18

Greater Antilles
Grandes Antilles (in French)
Antillas Mayores (in Spanish)
Location within the Caribbean
Location within the Caribbean
In reply toRe: msg 9
MEDDLY

Feb-18

I apologize for the ANAL RETENTIVE CRISIS moment I just went through but I just can't let the ARROGANT individual from España get away with "correcting" others about Puerto Rico, the place I've lived in for 55 years now.

Almost like me trying to "teach" the Hostess about Australia's history, location, etc.

Unheard, right?rageangry

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-19

RGoss99 said:

Puerto Rico is not in the Caribean.

Image result for Puerto Rico map

It's close enough.

I often group different places together to avoid the clutter of single post threads in the forum.