Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Catholicism vs Change   Religion

Started 2/13/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 8542 views.
RGoss99

2/20/20

My  objection which you are ignoring is not to the crit, but to the fact that the crit has nothing to do with the message which you are rudely ignoring in your need to pretend you have some significant response to the message. R=G+1

RGoss99 said...

My  objection which you are ignoring is not to the crit, but to the fact that the crit has nothing to do with the message which you are rudely ignoring in your need to pretend you have some significant response to the message. 

I responded to each of the 3 sentences of your post #27 individually. And yeah, that punch in the mouth was pretty rude, I have to admit. But it was a significant response, nonetheless. And the fact that folks are making money selling t-shirts, coffee mugs and other paraphernalia in addressing the error is likewise significant. Real money is changing real hands in the real world. That's a fact that can't be ignored. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts. 

RGoss99 said...

R=G+1

Principia Mathematica 3 Volume Set (v. 1-3) 2nd Edition ($1099.95 $1047.75)
by Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell

https://www.amazon.com/Principia-Mathematica-Set-v-1-3/dp/052106791X

MEDDLY

2/20/20

Never has and now that he's almost 81 years old, he will never admit making mistakes. And don't try to praise him for he'll give you a kick in the face, haranguing you on why he's always right, not needing praises from anyone.

• Edited February 20, 2020 7:48 am  by  MEDDLY
MEDDLY

2/20/20

R=G+1

Rick=Guano+1? I must agree!

Sometimes priests marry nuns. Here's an article about such a family, written by their oldest daughter.

Growing Up Berrigan: Portrait of a family of peacemakers

https://www.americamagazine.org/issue/765/article/growing-berrigan

RGoss99

2/20/20

I have heard of many such. In such cases when a priest decides to marry the appropriate bride pool is rather small. Much younger there is a lot more then just a generation gap. And age appropriate the available women often have too much baggage. In the case of a nun, often they have known each other and worked togather for years. I once had a mature adult student in one of my classes, basicly my age, in chatting during "his" smoking break, we became friends, and I met his wife. One day, I asked if he had once been a priest. He said he still was but his seminary education left some things out so taking my class was to fill out his CV. In that diocese no married priests were given parihes but were usd to fill in the work load for unmrried priests who had two or more churches to service. He asked me how I figured it out. I said several things: 1. like me, he obviously had taken courses in theology (obviously for different reasons). He wore a wedding ring that was very modern compared to what men had in my day. 3. his wife´s body language, hair cut, dress style, was similar to many nuns my age whose order stopped wearing ther traditional "nun´s suit". So she dressed her age, but did not have that worn out look that so many women who had been raising a family had. Actually she was the sister superior of the primary school attached to the parish of which her husband had been the pastor. He added, that there was no breaking of vows in either of their case, they both had felt it was time for a change, went to their bishop, who got them into counseling, released them from their vows, and got them into jobs, he at a state school and she the principal at first of another school, then back at her original one as the ranks of teaching nuns had become thinner. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

2/21/20

You do NOT get to change the macro and think you have a run around the system.

Don't fuck with me, boy.

MEDDLY said...

Never has and now that he's almost 81 years old, he will never admit making mistakes. And don't try to praise him for he'll give you a kick in the face, haranguing you on why he's always right, not needing praises from anyone.

I've heard that Libertarians believe that the invisible hand of Adam Smith will deliver a royal slapdown upon those who refuse to admit their mistakes.

OOPS! Adidas apologizes for misspelling Colombia in Copa America ads

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/adidas-apologizes-mispelling-colombia-copa-america-ads-article-1.2666068

Di (amina046)

2/21/20

Well if you compare your posts to conversations I must conclude that you stutter.

So, like many who do, why not try singing your content, it helped many to overcome this impediment.