Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 32299 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Opinion

katiek2

Oct-4

You're doing exactly what the MSM does - you listen to the words, apply your own interpretation to them, and take the result as fact.  If Trump had meant  loiter around polling places and intimidate voters he would have said it.  I vote at my polling place.  There literally is no place to linger and/or intimidate anyone, either inside the actual room or outside of it.  

slackerx

Oct-4

In reply toRe: msg 405
slackerx

Oct-4

This is the first post-debate poll that I've seen. 

In reply toRe: msg 406
slackerx

Oct-4

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I took his words at face value.

You are the one going to extreme lengths to twist and contort them into something defensible.

katiek2 said:

If Trump had meant loiter around polling places and intimidate voters he would have said it.

That is the wording of the federal law he is encouraging his followers to break.

His own words are:

"I am encouraging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully, because that's what has to happen — I am urging them to do it,"

What exactly am I misconstruing here?

What did he actually mean?

Contort away, Katie.

katiek2

Oct-5

He meant exactly what he said.  I can guarantee you there won't be any Republicans standing at the polls trying to intimidate voters.   You've decided "go to the polls" and "watch very carefully" mean "loiter around the polls" and "intimidate voters".  You haven't thought it through.  What the hell - do we all wear R or D on our jackets?  Who the heck knows who votes for whom?  If there is any trouble, it won't be started by the right.

It's amazing how you can read someone's mind, though.  I would think being able to construe another person's true, actual meaning of words as opposed to what was actually said must be quite a burden to carry.  Kinda sad for you.

• Edited October 5, 2020 7:32 am  by  katiek2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
katiek2 said:

He meant exactly what he said.

Yes.  Go to the polls and watch what people do.

The LAW says it is illegal to loiter at the polls and intimidate peopleThat is the wording of the law, not Trump's words.  I don't know how else to make this point.

I guess we have no choice but to be sad for each other.

I have the uncanny ability to comprehend the English language.  This is a sad burden, yes.

You live in a country whose leader is an idiot.  A very sad burden, indeed.

And yes.  I'm sure these people will be very responsible.

And no one could possibly be intimidated by a Trump supporter.

Trump and Biden on guns: Far apart on policy and perspective - Los Angeles  Times

Why Does Trump Keep Firing Up His Base?

As economy crumbles, Trump taps neo-fascist militias for his re-election  effort – People's World

In reply toRe: msg 410
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host