Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Election   America - all of it

Started 2/26/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 42966 views.

If you wish to continue the argument I would be happy to lend you my don quixote costumes and props. "Tilting at windmills" requires planning and equipment.

slackerx

Oct-8

And, you can refute her claim? From the website of this organization;

Sadly, this is a scenario that Black and Brown parents fear and prepare their children to face: young Black men and boys are 21 times more likely to be shot in their interactions with law enforcement than young white men and boys.  

Which is totally refuted here; https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
katiek2 said:

We see the same words - I take them literally, you put your own interpretation on them.

“I am urging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully, because that’s what has to happen. I am urging them to do it.”

What "spin" am I putting on these words?

How is your "literal interpretation" of these words the complete opposite of a President URGING his supporters to go into the polls and monitor people as they vote?

What particular word have I mistakenly interpreted to mean the opposite of its true intent?

katiek2 said:

What I don't understand is how you could even imagine any president, Trump included, would tell his supporters to "loiter and intimidate" at a polling station.

I don't know how to explain this in a way that will properly get across.  Trump did not use the exact phrase "loiter and intimidate".  However, if his supporters - on his URGING - go into the polling stations without the express purpose of voting, but rather standing around and "supervising" people as they vote, then the federal law that they are breaking is worded as "loitering around polls and intimidating people".  I promise, this is the last time I will try to get this distinction across.  After that, I'll just give up.

katiek2 said:

Whatever he is, he's not stupid.

Yes he is.  After four years of colossal stupidity and absurd statements, I don't know how you can in any way infer he is anything but a moron.

I honestly don't know what it will take for Trump to cross a line for you.

I guess the dangerous, stupid, selfish, racist, rapist can do no wrong.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
Make Dems Cry Again 2020! (bobrazz) said:

I saw no quote where President Trump (don't you just love the sound of that? Me too!) even implied that his supporters do either of those things.

“I am urging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully, because that’s what has to happen.  I am urging them to do it.”

Spin away.

In reply toRe: msg 426
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

katiek2

Oct-9

Nah  I'm over it.  I sincerely like Jenifer.  She just has a terminal case of TDS, she can't help it.

Nah  I'm over it.  I sincerely like Jenifer. 

Actually, so do I. I'm working on that.

She just has a terminal case of TDS, she can't help it.

If someone doesn't know that they are sick, how can they recover?

PTG (anotherPTG)

Oct-9

We insane folks band together! Preferably with a glass or two of WA nectar!

50 Funny Saying On Drinking Alcohol, Having Fun, And Partying | Funny  drinking quotes, Crossfit quotes funny, Drinking quotes

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-10

I can see what you are both writing, you know!

I always thought Trump Derangement Syndrome was something that his supporters suffered from.

Or Trump, himself.