Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Corona-Crazies!!   World Wide WTF?

Started Mar-7 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 7739 views.
BerrySteph

May-15

RGoss99 said:

Trump indicated that warming weather will kill the virus.

So much we're not told - do the particles of COVID mist dry out and die in the warm?

RGoss99

May-15

Given that Trump is an idiot, he statement sounds logical, it goes like this ...

"Cold" weather is when we get "colds" therefor "not cold weather is when colds go away. 

Sort of a built in linquistic problem, in that the word "cold" has two meanings that do not necessarily overlap. Cold as temperature is not the same as cold as infermity. there is the other image that tropical climates are better for one´s health, ignoring the fact that some diseases that thrive in sunny climates do not thrive in cold climates. 

BerrySteph

May-15

RGoss99 said:

there is the other image that tropical climates are better for one´s health, ignoring the fact that some diseases that thrive in sunny climates do not thrive in cold climates. 

?That is so dumb.

Africa is unique in the world because, until the last few years, big animals had survived there. Humans couldn't survive and it was safe for older life-forms.

In reply toRe: msg 248
MEDDLY

May-15

Sweden? As bad as Spain and Italy? Yeah, right!

jra2750

May-15

In point of fact - True - so is culling.  Some would argue that it's God at work.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-16

jra2750 said:

In point of fact - True - so is culling. Some would argue that it's God at work.

Or the planet fighting back.

BerrySteph

May-16

jra2750 said:

Some would argue that it's God at work.

Spoken very much like a Nazi.

Except I don't think they did that. They'd think it a bit extreme.

jra2750

May-16

Living requires accepting the risks that go with it.  Being forced to Stay inside/social distancing/masks require humans to live with fear 24/7/365 - something that simply is NOT acceptable.  You like me R probably retired collecting SS/pension - we R on Easy street.  Younger people need to work and socialize.  

As the weeks go by the demonstrations against forced restrictions will increase.  And, yes, more than likely coronavirus deaths will rise - and fall exactly like All previous pandemics historically have done.  

RGoss99

May-16

Couple of points these condtions do not <<REQUIRE>> people to live in fear, they simply require that people use caution in deciding what risks to take and what not. Yes, I am retired, own my house, and live off four different pensions, only one of which is impacted because for some reason it can not direct deposit outside the U.S. and usually comes late by snail mail, sometimes two weeks late (which means a los of two weeks interest) because we only get mail once a week during the lock down.

Younger people do not need to socialize either hear or in the states, because in the case of U.S. Friends, former students, family, my communication on the net has douled.

As for demonstrations, I have not witnessed any here. But then while I am aware of people being furstrated and inconvenienced, there seems to be respect for the government and faith that it has made the right decisions. As a result of no new cases or deaths in two weeks, now going on 3, we are now in phase 1. meaning limited Access to all shops and restaurants & bars. Factories and construction are back to work, and Agriculture never stopped anyway. So all that is really shut down is cultural activities because over the net, the closed primary and secondary schools, are involved in distance learning. 

Yes, I expect to see more demonstrations in the U.S. but there are several reasons for this. 1. Under Trump´s leadership America has less respect for government at all levels, and less for the media, which is not the case here. I read a lot about the poor American worker. Yes this is a cultural problema, because Americans while high on rights are not very good on responsibility and there is a lot of unnecessay and selfish whining going on, to an extent greater then in any other country I could name.. There is also a lack of creative leadership in the U.S. Two local examples. Normally in an average week, I have dinner out once, and lunch out 4 times. When food services were shut down, my main lunch venue, actually hired more staff by organizing meals on wheels and are currently serving twice the number of meals per week then before the virus. When our hardware store was opened, it was just the front door, where one would meet a Clerk and sell the ítem at the front door this is before phase 1, it was slow, so they removed all the clerks but 1 at the front door, and placed the others around the shop, to be assisted by inexperienced runners, who brought orders, and returned with goods. I have a roof garden that produces about 10% of my food net (net because I trade my surplus at the co-op for things I don´t produce. While I also have flowers, some of my neighbors only had flowers, and have changed theirs for produce so there is a lot of Exchange. Another solution and one that I use, is reorganizing their house for summer, painting, repairing, and doing Little things that have been put off. However the bottom line is values. As far as I have Heard no one has died from the shut down which is only a predicted fear so far but in areas where the shut down is not in effect their have been real deaths as predicted. So why would anythinking moral person rate inconvenience and potential death as more important then guaranteed actual deaths. The U.S. rate compared to other western countries is not only the fastest growing, but shows no flattening of the curve.And the reason is that the government was late in responding and a large minority of the population is not taking the virus seriously enough.