Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Turkey and Russia square off in Libya    Africa and the Middle East

Started May-27 by bml00; 260 views.
bml00

May-27

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/russias-mig-diplomacy-us-turkey-russia-egypt-square-off-over-libya-629384

Russia has deployed MiG-29s and other aircraft to Libya in what appeared to be the throwing down of a gauntlet to Turkey and other countries that might think Moscow is ending its support for the eastern Libyan government of Khalifa Haftar. It is a big play for Russia, doing it in broad daylight to show off, after around ten Russian Pantsir air defense systems were reportedly destroyed by Turkish drones in Libya.
Libya has rapidly become an expanding proxy war as Turkey has poured mercenaries and drones into Tripoli to support the government of western Libya in a civil war. Turkey signed an energy deal that gives it claims over the Mediterranean in November last year. Since then, Ankara’s clandestine support, including armored vehicles, has grown for the Government of the National Accord in Tripoli.

BM

• Edited May 27, 2020 5:50 am  by  bml00
In reply toRe: msg 1
BerrySteph

May-27

bml00 said:

Libya has rapidly become an expanding proxy war as Turkey has poured mercenaries and drones into Tripoli to support the government of western Libya in a civil war.

We destroyed Libya in order to steal its wealth.

In reply toRe: msg 2
bml00

May-27

This is about Russia and Turkey squaring off in a fight in Libya

BM

In reply toRe: msg 1
MEDDLY

May-27

Russia! Russia! Russia!

You do know why I'm supporting them, just this time.

In reply toRe: msg 4
bml00

May-28

..because you dont like the Turks , for me I would like to see both sides knock six bells out of each other

BM

In reply toRe: msg 5
MEDDLY

May-28

Actually, it's Adolf Erdogan who I don't like.

In reply toRe: msg 7
bml00

May-28

Erdogan is an acquired taste .

BM

bml00

May-29

Moved to the Trolls are Twunts thread