Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Protests in the US   America - all of it

Started May-30 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 21805 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

katiek2 said:

Do you really believe the nation as a whole is OK with the rioting and looting that these large crowds degenerated into?

No.  Do you believe everyone who is protesting is looting?

katiek2 said:

Where are the protests when a white person suffers the same fate, or do you believe that never happens?

That happened yesterday.

Cops Suspended After 75-Year-Old Man Is Pushed to the Ground

Another troubling incident of police brutality is going viral after an elderly white male protester was apparently shoved to the ground by police in Buffalo,...

katiek2 said:

Finally, do you really believe the answer to racial injustice is to get rid of the police entirely?

Of course not. I believe they need better training.

I believe black neighbourhoods are disadvantaged, and the helping them up is better than beating them down.

katiek2 said:

I would bet the majority of populations worldwide, what we are witnessing right now only reinforces prejudice, it does not help get rid of it.

Actually as someone who lives in the wide world, this looks like the catalyst for the inevitable full scale civil war your country is headed towards.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Please don't resort to "What about Obama..."

This is not about him.

This is about what is happening right now.

In reply toRe: msg 108
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 109
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 110
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

katiek2

Jun-6

In retrospect, I'm sure Trump wishes he had not taken that walk.  However,  Nowhere does she even suggest that anyone other than black lives have had it rough.  I believe she is sincere in herself in what she says, but she does not allow for that compassion and love she talks about to be shown to all lives.  Just a few thoughts:  why would she think police were shooting real bullets?  During all of last week, the only real shooting (and there wasn't much of it) was done by people in the crowds, not police.  The only people shot dead were police.  The only people run over by cars were police, yes one police car did push people back gently with their car fenders.  They didn't ram people into the air or run over them, which is what actually happened to police.  Where did the pallets of bricks, and frozen water bottles, and fire starting materials come from?  Not the police.  The police have been tasked, without inflicting bodily harm, with facing and protecting thousands of angry people intent on hurting them.  Is it any wonder that, at some point, more than polite words are used to protect themselves?  

I don't have any answers for systemic racial injustice, anymore than you do for the indigenous peoples of Australia.  I do know, however, that what we have witnessed over the past week only intensifies the divide, not lessen it.

katiek2

Jun-6

Thank you.

bml00

Jun-6

This is about the US and events , the events the killings the racism are historic , it is fraudulent to believe that racism is purely Trump related when it has been endemic since the year dot .

I do not wish to in any way derail the thread but the thread should be honest in its broad view of what is happening

BM

Di (amina046)

Jun-6

This is only addressing 1 aspect of your post:

Di (amina046)

Jun-6

You astonish me! I have always thought of you as both a sensitive and sensible woman.

It doesn't matter what Trump does or says, you always find an excuse for his actions; actions that even some of his collaborators and coreligionnaires find reprehensive.

We only "know" each other from the posts we read and I do not know anything about your background or your life experience but I have difficulty finding the person I thought you were.- If only we could have a sit down to feel and hear what we think we read.

Be safe.