Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Protests in the US   America - all of it

Started May-30 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 13416 views.
Di (amina046)

Jun-6

This is only addressing 1 aspect of your post:

Di (amina046)

Jun-6

You astonish me! I have always thought of you as both a sensitive and sensible woman.

It doesn't matter what Trump does or says, you always find an excuse for his actions; actions that even some of his collaborators and coreligionnaires find reprehensive.

We only "know" each other from the posts we read and I do not know anything about your background or your life experience but I have difficulty finding the person I thought you were.- If only we could have a sit down to feel and hear what we think we read.

Be safe.

katiek2

Jun-6

It's really a matter of picking which action you prefer - if you watch the video you clearly see the police push the gentleman back, at which point he trips and falls back, striking his head.  Of course, if he had not been pushed, he would not have tripped.

katiek2

Jun-6

I'm sorry you feel that way.  I didn't even mention trump except to say I suspect he regretted taking that walk.  The rest of my post expresses my concern that the only interpretation I see is that police are bad.  I repeat my question:  if police are defunded, disbanded, or whatever you want to call it, who do you call - ghostbusters?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
katiek2 said:

why would she think police were shooting real bullets?

Because it's America.  You hear gunfire, you drop to the ground.  You don't know who's shooting who with what.

katiek2 said:

yes one police car did push people back gently with their car fenders.

Gently?

It's a car.  How do you "gently" nudge someone with an SUV?

katiek2 said:

The police have been tasked, without inflicting bodily harm, with facing and protecting thousands of angry people intent on hurting them.

This generalisation inflicts guilt upon ALL protestors.  It's not ALL violent.

Pin on Activism/Environment

Family famous for photo of boy hugging police officer at protest ...

Woman hugs officer after Fayetteville police kneel in support of ...

Hugs in Hammond: Louisiana girl visits Indiana on police officer ...

katiek2 said:

I do know, however, that what we have witnessed over the past week only intensifies the divide, not lessen it.

That is a choice.  Not a reality.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
bml00 said:

This is about the US and events , the events the killings the racism are historic , it is fraudulent to believe that racism is purely Trump related when it has been endemic since the year dot .

I don't blame Trump for racism.  He is a racist, yes, but he was taught that.

This is a systemic failing of the US as a country.

The division will end them.

Australia had a nation-wide BLM protest yesterday.

As far as I know there was not a single incident or arrest.

a crowd of people with masks holding black lives matter signs

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
katiek2 said:

It's really a matter of picking which action you prefer - if you watch the video you clearly see the police push the gentleman back, at which point he trips and falls back, striking his head. Of course, if he had not been pushed, he would not have tripped.

Why did they have to push him at all?

In reply toRe: msg 122
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 123
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host