Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Protests in the US   America - all of it

Started 5/30/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 23602 views.
In reply toRe: msg 261
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-23

Where was the tear gas when all the white supremacists and anti-vaxxer nuts stormed government buildings with assault rifles because they didn't want to be in lockdown?

In reply toRe: msg 262
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-23

In reply toRe: msg 263
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-23

SQUADDYB

Jul-23

No one wants the protests quashed. They want the lowlifes who are rioting, vandalizing and looting quashed.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-24

SQUADDYB said:

They want the lowlifes who are rioting, vandalizing and looting quashed.

And Mothers trying to protect protestors... and the Mayors of the cities.

It has gone too far.  Your country is a warzone, not because of the protestors, but because of the brutal response.

Why would any protestor trust their government after this week?

bml00 said...

IF the BLM movement contented itself with looking after its own people then i would agree , it has not and as such will fail , the South was more than just slaves it was about a life style a sense of gallantry and honor , such issues are now deemed so old fashioned and quaint

BM

The family separations do seem rather old fashioned and quaint, I'll admit, but they can hardly be called gallantry and honor.

ROOTS "Kizzy" Painful Decision

Recording emerges of crying children at border

bml00 said...

the South was more than just slaves it was about a life style a sense of gallantry and honor , such issues are now deemed so old fashioned and quaint

The gallantry and honor of a culture of rape camps? 

ROOTS "Kizzy" IT'S NOT RAPE, IF SHE'S YOUR PROPERTY

Donald Trump says he may deploy Border Patrol police and federal marshals in Democrat-led cities such as New York and Chicago.

SQUADDYB said...

Yes, send them to Chicago!

When they came for the refugee children, I was not a refugee child, so I did not speak out.

So when they came for the citizens, all the kids were in cages.

Violin vigil for Elijah McClain - We Shall Overcome (Chicago, Illinois)

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

Donald Trump says he may deploy Border Patrol police and federal marshals in Democrat-led cities such as New York and Chicago.

There's always been a lot of sensationalism when it comes to press coverage of protests, as far back in history as I can remember. Folks who have never been to a protest can easily fall for the sensationalistic media coverage, and will sometimes be moved to support the deployment of nazi troops against civilians.

What is encouraging is that more people are actually getting directly involved, and seeing for themselves on the ground what is really happening, and can see for themselves things that are missed by the media, because it's not considered sexy.

I've lived in Chicago. It's actually a great town.

Chicago Violin Vigil Honoring Elijah McClain - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

SQUADDYB said...

Our police have enough on their hands dealing with everyday law enforcement duties, plus they are dealing with the scumbag gang members that infest the ghetto's, without having to deal with a bunch of protesting, rioting, looting shitbags!

Part of the problem is that stereotypes like this can get people killed.

Requiem for Elijah McClain by Shana Tucker

ELIJAH McCLAIN. “I’m just different. That’s all. I’m so sorry. I have no gun. I don’t do that stuff...Why are you attacking me? ...I have my ID right here. My name is Elijah McClain. That’s my house. I was just going home...I can’t breathe.”

There is nothing...NOTHING that can explain, excuse, reason away this senseless, unnecessary use of force. So much is wrong, wrong, wrong with how the police honed in, bullied, intimidated and abused this young man who clearly did not need several armed men on him to “apprehend” him. And yet here we are: another young black man dead, police rolling up on him because he “looks suspicious”...and an inconclusive ruling.

Police have the authority and the choice in the moment to respond with thought and consideration or to react out of anger, fear, ignorance, machismo, hate...the language I hear all the time is “escalate or de-escalate the situation”. I also hear them put that “choice” in the hands of the detained, whether the detainment is warranted or not. And all too often, I hear “resisting arrest” or “failure to identify” or “threatening an officer” as the inevitable cause of death...and I just shake my head.

And so, as a mother of a black son, as a cello string sister paying my overdue respects to my violin string brother, I join the sounds of our instruments everywhere today in honor of you, Elijah McClain, to accompany the 2 million+ people who signed that petition DEMANDING JUSTICE FOR YOU, ELIJAH MCCLAIN.

You deserved so much better than this.