Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Protests in the US   America - all of it

Started 5/30/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 25387 views.
bml00 said...

IF the BLM movement contented itself with looking after its own people then i would agree , it has not and as such will fail , the South was more than just slaves it was about a life style a sense of gallantry and honor , such issues are now deemed so old fashioned and quaint

BM

The family separations do seem rather old fashioned and quaint, I'll admit, but they can hardly be called gallantry and honor.

ROOTS "Kizzy" Painful Decision

Recording emerges of crying children at border

bml00 said...

the South was more than just slaves it was about a life style a sense of gallantry and honor , such issues are now deemed so old fashioned and quaint

The gallantry and honor of a culture of rape camps? 

ROOTS "Kizzy" IT'S NOT RAPE, IF SHE'S YOUR PROPERTY

Donald Trump says he may deploy Border Patrol police and federal marshals in Democrat-led cities such as New York and Chicago.

SQUADDYB said...

Yes, send them to Chicago!

When they came for the refugee children, I was not a refugee child, so I did not speak out.

So when they came for the citizens, all the kids were in cages.

Violin vigil for Elijah McClain - We Shall Overcome (Chicago, Illinois)

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

Donald Trump says he may deploy Border Patrol police and federal marshals in Democrat-led cities such as New York and Chicago.

There's always been a lot of sensationalism when it comes to press coverage of protests, as far back in history as I can remember. Folks who have never been to a protest can easily fall for the sensationalistic media coverage, and will sometimes be moved to support the deployment of nazi troops against civilians.

What is encouraging is that more people are actually getting directly involved, and seeing for themselves on the ground what is really happening, and can see for themselves things that are missed by the media, because it's not considered sexy.

I've lived in Chicago. It's actually a great town.

Chicago Violin Vigil Honoring Elijah McClain - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

SQUADDYB said...

Our police have enough on their hands dealing with everyday law enforcement duties, plus they are dealing with the scumbag gang members that infest the ghetto's, without having to deal with a bunch of protesting, rioting, looting shitbags!

Part of the problem is that stereotypes like this can get people killed.

Requiem for Elijah McClain by Shana Tucker

ELIJAH McCLAIN. “I’m just different. That’s all. I’m so sorry. I have no gun. I don’t do that stuff...Why are you attacking me? ...I have my ID right here. My name is Elijah McClain. That’s my house. I was just going home...I can’t breathe.”

There is nothing...NOTHING that can explain, excuse, reason away this senseless, unnecessary use of force. So much is wrong, wrong, wrong with how the police honed in, bullied, intimidated and abused this young man who clearly did not need several armed men on him to “apprehend” him. And yet here we are: another young black man dead, police rolling up on him because he “looks suspicious”...and an inconclusive ruling.

Police have the authority and the choice in the moment to respond with thought and consideration or to react out of anger, fear, ignorance, machismo, hate...the language I hear all the time is “escalate or de-escalate the situation”. I also hear them put that “choice” in the hands of the detained, whether the detainment is warranted or not. And all too often, I hear “resisting arrest” or “failure to identify” or “threatening an officer” as the inevitable cause of death...and I just shake my head.

And so, as a mother of a black son, as a cello string sister paying my overdue respects to my violin string brother, I join the sounds of our instruments everywhere today in honor of you, Elijah McClain, to accompany the 2 million+ people who signed that petition DEMANDING JUSTICE FOR YOU, ELIJAH MCCLAIN.

You deserved so much better than this.

Faced with a "human tsunami" of young protesters being coralled into his suburban Washington neighbourhood by police, Rahul Dubey opened his doors and gave them sanctuary.

This is just one example of how Black Lives Matter is uniting people from all over this country and all over the world.

8 minutes 46 seconds

In the end, tear gas (or smoke bombs), rubber bullets and heavily armed troops were deployed to clear a path by force so a man could stand in front of a church holding up a bible.  Is this a Christian thing to do?

This is not my opinion of what happened.  This all went out live on TV.

This is an eyewitness account.

Just listen to her.  Please.

In this country, we are supposed to have something called a Separation of Church and State, in order to prevent the State from taking over the Church by military force in a hail of tear gas and rubber bullets.

Of course, like any society, we have an ongoing Battle of Church and State, but in a democracy that battle is supposed to be waged without the use of military hardware.

katiek2 said...

Do you really believe that 87% of the nation is going to approve and validate  "peaceful" protests every time a minority is misused by the police. 

Yes, I do. Black Lives Matter is uniting this nation.

bml00 said...

IF people took time to look back to the so called glorious days of Obama the very same calls the very same events were taking place 

Well, sure. Black Lives Matter is not some petty political left vs right thingie, as some folks like to represent in order to trivialize it. Black Lives Matter is about right vs wrong.

If you think about it, the Black Lives Matter struggle goes back some 500 years, ever since the very invention of blackness.

Of course, the modern hashtag movement started under Obama, as you said, after the murder of Trayvon Martin.

My wife and I visited Colombia eight years ago, just a few months after Trayvon Martin was murdered.

Just a few blocks from my mother-in-law's house, where we were living, on the side of what appeared to be an old factory, was a large mural about 3 stories tall, that looked like this:

Here's the main square of the city (Palmira), where an old cumbia (Violencia) was being performed, five years ago, on July 20, 2015. (July 20 is Independence Day.)

When the camera pulls back, behind the stage on the left you can see the catholic church where our godson was baptized.

Violencia (Compositor: José Benito Barros Palomino)

Oigo un llanto que atraviesa el espacio para llegar a Dios.
es el llanto de las niños que sufren,
que lloran de dolor,
es el llanto de las mujeres que tiemblan con desesperación,
es el llanto, es el llanto de Dios,
Violencia, maldita violencia,
porque te empeñas en teñir de sangre la tierra de Dios,
porque no dejas que en el campo nazca nueva floración,
violencia, porque no permites que reine la paz,
que reine el amor,
violencia, porque no permites que reine la paz.

Atlanta's streets are once more filled with a community mourning the loss of another life cut short, thrusting police brutality and excessive use of force back into the spotlight. But has it ever really disappeared, writes Kathryn Diss.

We've been to Georgia twice, once while driving from Iowa to Florida, and once on the way back.

I suppose that I could call it a "drive thru" state, except that we did stop at a restaurant there to eat. As we went into the restaurant, we noticed a car with Iowa license plates. As we came out of the restaurant, we ran into the Indian family who the car belonged to. Turns out that they lived in the apartment building right behind our house.

Anyway, as long as we're on the topic of Georgia, I heard that there were some great Black Lives Matter protests there. They don't always get covered on the news.

Atlanta musicians hold lunchtime ‘Violin Vigil’ for Elijah McClain