Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Race Protests in the US   America - all of it

Started May-30 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 21890 views.
In reply toRe: msg 94
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 95
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

CzoeMC

Jun-5

I watched the entire memorial service for Mr. George Floyd. It was heartbreaking. The systemic racism in America (and the rest of the world, may I dare say), has to stop. But it won't be easy.

Especially with racist people in charge of the government.

CzoeMC

Jun-5

Well, yes, that was very unfortunate. Calmness would be the best advice, but maybe people are too upset to be calm. Don't blame them, but it is not helpful.

Di (amina046)

Jun-6

CC to CzoeMC
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Now THAT'S A statement!

katiek2

Jun-6

The clearing of Lafayette Park was ordered to be done by Barr early in the morning.  Why it wasn't done is anyone's guess.  NO ONE ordered an immediate clearing of the area so Trump could take a walk across the street.  The "photo op" was intended to show solidarity with the peaceful protests, but you don't see this in the media, do you?  No, it's "Trump taking a photo op".  So, why bother even reading.  Your mind is already made up.

Don't know why I bothered to post.  It wouldn't matter what political side one is on.  Everyone only believes what is politically correct for them.  

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Katie.

There will always be two sides to this while division thrives in the US.

His supporters will see him holding a bible in front of a damaged church as a sign of solidarity.

But he could have waited until the curfew was in place.

Or inspected it the next morning.

He could have asked the St John's reverend what he thought, and if he would like to meet with him.

In the end, tear gas (or smoke bombs), rubber bullets and heavily armed troops were deployed to clear a path by force so a man could stand in front of a church holding up a bible.  Is this a Christian thing to do?

This is not my opinion of what happened.  This all went out live on TV.

This is an eyewitness account.

Just listen to her.  Please.

Reverend describes being pushed out from church for Trump photo-op

Rev. Gini Gerbasi, the rector at St. John's Episcopal Church of Georgetown, said she was at the scene when police fired smoke canisters and pepper balls to d...