Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to deal with Trolls and Hijackers   Hostess With The Mostess

Started Jun-1 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 381 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

OK... Follow these instructions if you deem it necessary.

First of all, have a look at the checklist.

Hijacking:

Very often topics wander off course organically.  I have no problem with that.

You are looking for YES answers to any of these:

• Has the post taken a completely absurd leap, solely for the purpose of stirring up controversy?

• Did the poster fail give a quick courtesy note admitting they were going off topic (often abbreviated as O.T)?

• Is it more than a snide little comment that could be easily ignored?

• Is the thread in danger of becoming completely derailed?

Trolling:

• Is the post nothing more than a string of personal insults against another member of the forum?

• Are several posters ganging up on a single member in order to bully?

If you have any ticks to these criteria, then you can act.

I will show you how below.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Step 1.  Open either of these thread in a separate tab.

Berry's Hijack High Jinks

Trolls are Twunts

Easy Method:

1. Highlight the entire post
  2. Copy
  3. Open a post in the Troll or Hijack thread
  4. Type the name of the topic title the post came from.
  5. Paste
  6. Hit Post
  7. Return to the original thread where the offending post came from
  8. Next to the reply button is an arrow.  Click it and choose Edit  
  9. Delete the entire contents of the message.
  10. Replace with the notification that it has been moved to the designated thread (I will put those sentences below).
  11. Hit post.

Moved to the Berry's Hijack Hijinks thread

Moved to the Trolls are Twunts thread

You do not need to provide a link, or any explanation as to why you have done this.

If you wish to reply to any of the posts, please do so in the new Hijack or Troll thread

Now, on to the hard way...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Difficult Method

Sometimes posts will not easily copy and paste over.  That is where the source code comes into play.

Honestly, it takes more time, so I'm happy if you don't want to bother with it.

I'll take care of any posts that require this.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Finally - and this post is ONLY directed at my two staff members, Di and Czoe - if you would like me to change the name of the Trolls thread, I am happy to take suggestions.

In reply toRe: msg 5
BerrySteph

Jun-1

adwil said:

Good to see!

You'll be free to spread your filth and defence of a top Jew-killing and Jew-robbing and Holocaust organising Nazi.

Di (amina046)

Jun-1

I don't see why you should change it.  I really wish to see a couple of them leaving for good.

I am astonished and horrified that you should tolerate some insults you have been subjected to.

Hugs, we are with you

RGoss99

Jun-1

Regarding your hijacking comment I agree, and don´t really need an admission that one is going off topic. What I object to is going off topic with our without explanation, while totally ignoring the thread topic or the post which one is pretending to respond.

As to your trolling comment you are falling into Jenifer´s ignorant trap. Every dictionary I have checked is quite clear, but Jenifer only accepts the concept of a negative or insult to qualify trolling but there is another aspect that you both have missed. Being rude or insulting is not sufficient to result in a troll. To be such it must be a personal attack independent of the thread topic, or the post to which it is supposed to be a response.

Here is what the Urban Dictionary says "... deliberate act ...of making random <<UNSOLICITED>> and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the <<INTENT TO PROKE>> an emotional ... reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a <<FIGHT OR ARGUEMENT>>- In other words, just because Jennifer <<CHOSES>> to fight or argue, says more about her needs then the person who might simply be disagreeing with her or her facts (or lack thereof). This is why she is misusing her role in this site, that fact that she feels provoked disqualifies her from using her authority to judge the intent of the person to which she is reacting. An effective and/or mature authority, in the context of a forum (by definition) really has only two viable responses: 1. ignore the post, or 2. respectfully disagree giving some facts, reasons, or logic for her disagreement. To do such allows a civil discussion to cotinue, or closure. 

In reply toRe: msg 8
MEDDLY

Jun-1

Let's just say Goss is Yogi Berra and the rest of us (excluding Berry) are the duck, especially close to the end of the commercial:

Aflac - Berra at the Barber (2002, USA)

The duck sees former baseball player Yogi Berra in a barber shop. Directed by Tom Routston at Tool of North America.

In reply toRe: msg 9
MEDDLY

Jun-1

Someone messed up what Yogi really said. The real dialogue reads "...Well, if you get hurt and miss work, it won't hurt to miss work..."

Not "...this work..." JEEZ!