Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Police Reform in the US   America - all of it

Started Jun-9 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2112 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-10

bml00 said:

the police need recruits of the highest calibre , given the best weapons and the best training .

To do what?

Given their current workload, their training needs to include degrees in:

• Psychology
  • Pharmacology
  • Crisis Management
  • Women's studies
  • Sociology
  • Economics
  • Black history
  • Latino history
  • Plus a course in conflict resolution

That way they would finally be prepared to deal with drug overdoses, the mentally ill, the homeless, domestic violence and community unrest on top of catching all the criminals.

OR...

They could JUST catch the criminals and leave the rest of it to special divisions within the community specifically set up to deal with mental illness.  Or drug addiction.  Or domestic disputes.

That's the idea.

bml00

Jun-10

The US society be it right or wrong has the bad guys as well armed as the good guys , most cops are good the same as most soldiers are good .

Cops and Soldiers go through lengthy training and analysis to reach a point where they are accepted , the nature of their  very job in certain circumstances will exasperate even a saint .

These incidents sad as they are bring in two groups one is a group who has never ever been faced with life or death situations BUT BELIEVE they know how they would or should  act the Other group has faced these incidents and know very well that no matter the training the knowledge when fighting for your life whether a policeman on a routine stop or a soldier anywhere will face that moment of truth .

Floyd NEVER deserved to die as he did but until we know the full back ground I will reserve judgement . I visit LA (OR I DID visit LA) OFTEN South LA is somewhere YOU DONT GO AT NIGHT , I stopped for fuel and was met by heavily armed attendants , I entered late night convenient stores and was met with signs that that the staff are armed .

I do not excuse the officers , you must however come to understand the back ground to this and other cases .

BM

In reply toRe: msg 8
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-10

One very important thing to consider is that the man who actually knelt on Floyd's neck was TRAINING a rookie cop that day.

bml00 said:

I stopped for fuel and was met by heavily armed attendants , I entered late night convenient stores and was met with signs that that the staff are armed .

And did you see any criminals?

In reply toRe: msg 9
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-10

bml00

Jun-10

I was driving a $300,000 dollar Bentley Continental (my cousins) we were not looking for criminals we are not policemen and we had no choice but to drive through South LA , I am sure we were seen and noticed by many

With regards to the death of Floyd the tabloids are full of salacious details whether they are true , partly true not true at all I dont know nor do you - we all know what we know but nobody has bona fide facts

BM

In reply toRe: msg 11
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-11

George Floyd could have been a serial killer for all I care.

He still deserved due process.

Instead he was executed immediately.

Well, it took 9 minutes.

In reply toRe: msg 12
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-11

bml00

Jun-11

I do not excuse the actions of the Police involved this was not their remit to kill this man though I doubt there was ever intent to kill him

BM

In reply toRe: msg 14
Di (amina046)

Jun-12

Oh yes there was! He knew what he was doing. What remains unclear is what their relationship was, according to a few reports, Chauvin  worked for the same nightclub as his victim.??

bml00

Jun-12

You remind me of the Movie One Eyed Jacks when the Sheriff told Marlon Brando " We will give you a fair trial - then hang you"

Until there is a court case I will reserve judgement on intent etc

BM