Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Erasing History, or Editing it?   General Confusion

Started Jun-13 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2157 views.
bml00

Jun-28

I repeat you cant change or erase history they are part of the mozaic of every country , very countries are blameless very few have no past where one group or the other did not come out on top etc .,

The BLM movement will over reach itself in its belief that they are right and they are wrong , you leave in place the good the bad and the ugly and you teach your Children History and let each generation understand the past

BM

SQUADDYB

Jun-28

It was being sold on a local community board. Looked like a piece of concrete that he broke up in his yard! LOL

In reply toRe: msg 61
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-29

I agree.

But you have to get into the context.

Why was the bust of a KKK founder even commissioned in 1978?

And it's not like you can't empathise with how it would feel to have to walk past a statue of Hitler on your way to work every morning.

He was a pretty important historical figure.

bml00

Jun-29

I abhor the KKK and their followers and ideology but it is part and parcel of what makes America the land of the free for better or for worse and if statues are to be removed you MUST have a wider general consensus

BM

In reply toRe: msg 64
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jun-30

Removing a statue does not erase the history.

The history needs to be taught in schools.

These busts and statues are only of interest in a specifically designated place - such as a museum devoted to the Civil war, slavery and the history of the US.

bml00

Jun-30

A statue is a Land Mark , it is part and parcel for better or worse of the USA and its foundation BUT it is not for one Group to decide what is appropriate it is for the City / Town and all its inhabitants .

The BLM will lose steam soon as it continues to over reach itself

BM

In reply toRe: msg 66
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

The fight for equality and civil rights will never "lose steam".

It may go off the boil occasionally, but will always be simmering beneath.

See what I did there?

bml00

Jul-1

There are now phtos appearing from BLM supporters etc with some very anti semtic cannards as I said the BLM will achieve very limited success it is not a single focused ideal this is about changing everything they way they see it and it wont happen

BM

In reply toRe: msg 68
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Can you show me an example of one?

bml00

Jul-2

https://www.israelhayom.com/2020/06/26/the-silent-american-jews/

READ about the attacks on Synagogues

https://www.wzo.org.il/antisemitism/index.php?dir=site&page=articles&op=item&cs=4531

Read the above as I said BLM have taken upon themselves to change the World in their own likeness and it wont happen they are over reaching and support will wane

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8475857/Black-Lives-Matter-accused-anti-Semitism-posting-photo-controversial-mural.html