Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Erasing History, or Editing it?   General Confusion

Started Jun-13 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2007 views.
bml00

Jul-2

https://www.takimag.com/article/jewicide-bombers/ - any interesting take on the BLM

Jews in the US CIVIL Rights https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/jews-in-the-civil-rights-movement/

Jews who fought against apartheid https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/46721943.pdf

In his autobiography Long Walk to Freedom Nelson Mandela notes, “I have found Jews to be more broad-minded than most whites on the issues of race and politics, perhaps because they themselves have historically been victims of prejudice.”1 As a law student at the University of Witwatersrand, Mandela met Harold Wolpe, Ruth First, and Joe Slovo who would become lifelong friends and then comrades in battle. After graduating, it was Lazar Sidelsky who would give him his first job as an articled clerk at a time when few white firms would hire a black. Sidelsky was also “involved in African education, donating money and time to African schools.”2 In fact, among whites it was Jews who would offer Mandela the greatest support and encouragement; those who hid him when he was forced to go underground; those who, as lawyers, defended him at trial; those who, as journalists, supported the anti-apartheid cause; and those politicians, like Helen Suzman, who made it their mission to see that Mandela and other political prisoners received the best treatment possible from a legal and penal system structured to humiliate and degrade black prisoners. There were even relatively apolitical Jews like Nadine Gordimer who did their part on Mandela’s behalf; Gordimer secretly helped edit the famous speech Mandela gave in his defense at the Rivonia trial,3 and donated all the prize money from her 1991 Nobel Prize for Literature to the Congress of South African Writers, an organization aligned with the ANC. And Mandela’s relationship with Jews was by no means exceptional; the same can be said of other “historic” black ANC leaders, such as Walter Sisulu, Oliver Tambo, and Moses Kotane.

In reply toRe: msg 70
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

The first link was hearsay:

"Allyson Rowen Taylor, a co-founder of StandWithUs shared an account of the riots in which they chanted, "F**k the police and kill the Jews."

Who were "they"?

Second claim:

"As its charter makes clear, BLM itself is structurally anti-Semitic."

Click the link and read the charter.  Jews and Israel are not even mentioned.

Then you go on to show the good relations they built over time.

bml00

Jul-3

The Sky news UK team are now no longer wearing BLM badges as evidence provided showed clear prejudicial racism in the BLM

They forget it was Jews who walked to Alabama in the days of US segregation and Jews were killed who supported them, it was Jews who steadfastly stood against Apartheid in RSA

Idiots they are becoming

BM

In reply toRe: msg 73
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

The UK chapter of the BLM has taken a stance against what is happening to the Palestinian people.

How can it be anti-Semitic, when there are Jewish people who feel the same way?

If you take a stand against China's treatment of the Uyghur people, does that make you a bigot who hates all Chinese people?

In reply toRe: msg 75
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

bml00

Jul-4

I am sorry I thought BLM were a BLACK lives matter movement how silly of me ( and them)

As I advised previously when these pseudo groups morph then they lose all traction 

What has Israel and Palestine to do with BLM why not the HK or Syria or Anything else 

Give me a break 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 77
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I don't know.

But because ONE chapter said ONE thing about Palestine, you have decided the ENTIRE BLM movement is anti-Semitic.

Give ME a break!

adwil

Jul-7

ElDotardo said:

So where is the statue dedicated to Benedict Arnold?

They're not statues of Arnold but both are monuments to his victories for the revolution.

There's the Valcour Island Monument and the Boot Monument on the Saratoga battlefield. 

In reply toRe: msg 79
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host