Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The War On Stupidity   World Wide WTF?

Started Jul-30 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2693 views.
In reply toRe: msg 19
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 14
Di (amina046)

Sep-2

A guy went into a bar in Pittsburgh, ordered a drink and said to the barman “I am going to tellyou a Polish joke”. The barman said “ hush there are a lot of Poles around here”.

The guy says “don’t worry I’ll tell it slowly”.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

adwil

Sep-3

???? I don't understand.

In reply toRe: msg 23
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-12

adwil

Sep-12

We live in an age of misinformation. It's so easy for someone to make something up and post it to social media. I distrust everything until I've checked it out.

In reply toRe: msg 25
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-13

adwil said:

I distrust everything until I've checked it out.

I guess Trump popularising the term "Fake News" actually helps people think critically.

adwil

Sep-13

"I guess Trump popularising the term "Fake News" actually helps people think critically.

It seems to be a consequence of everyone's access to social media that a lot of people with 'bees in their bonnets' get opportunities to spread their nonsense. Politicians and cult leaders have been presenting their 'realities' for many years but it rarely 'caught on' because the media were critical or simply didn't give nutters publicity.

Social media has changed all that and we all need to be doubly careful before we accept or believe something without evidence. 

It's not the totally 'way out' stuff that's the danger, but the 'stuff' that sounds rational and apparently fits in with our prior beliefs and prejudices.

In reply toRe: msg 27
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-15

adwil

Sep-15

The danger is that people will just ignore the restrictions. We really need BM to comment since he's on the spot.