Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Middle East Peace Deal   Africa and the Middle East

Started Aug-14 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 813 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-14

OMG!!! Did Jared actually do it??!!

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-14

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-14

bml00

Aug-14

Trump and Kushner are taking the kudos for a deal which was done by somebody called Haim Saban (he was the person who bought to the screen the Power Rangers ) he is a multi Billionaire Israeli living in LA and is famous for bringing Jews and Arabs together , this person (who seeks no limelight) was the true instigator .

For Israel it is historic , it brings the richest and most powerful of the Gulf States into a formal diplomatic arrangement , it will see large numbers (eventually) of tourists coming to Israel to see the Mosque in Jerusalem , it will take them to the Dead Seas and the Spas , it will take them to Hevron to burial places of the PATRIARCHS of Judaism and Islam Abraham etc

It will bring them to the hedonistic city of Tel Aviv where they will not feel strange , the food similar , there is excellent wine and am sure they will be well entertained

The Losers are the Iranians and the Palestinians who see the Arabs fracture ever more and their cause pushed ever backwards

Bahrain will follow so will Oman and eventually Saudi Arabia each state will allow Israel to push further forward to Iran (overtly rather than currently covertly)

BM

BM

OMG!!! Did Jared actually do it??!!

It is the start of a beginning. An historic beginning that clearly implies more good news to come, but, only the beginning after all. 

Saudi is quite a difficult sell since the royal family is held hostage by the mullahs. islam truly is a vile political ideology.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-15

Glad you've commented on this.

Does it feel different over there?

Is there a sense of greater hope that it will not collapse?

I don't care who takes credit.  Trump can have a Nobel Prize and gloat forever if it works.

Small price to pay.

bml00

Aug-15

Good question .

For years all Israelis have known that there have been deepening ties with the Arabs , there are Arabs visiting Israel for medical assistance for some considerable time, I knew from my years in the Army that the much of our intelligence is coming from Arab nations across the region who look to Israel for Military assistance and partnership

SO , i am deeply pleased that an Arab nation has come from the closet and said it wants to friends with the Jewish Nation .

Back 43 years ago when i was a rookie in the Army one of my Senior officers always said that one day the Arabs will wake with the knowledge that they NEED US and in the end We need them

BM

In reply toRe: msg 7

SO , i am deeply pleased that an Arab nation has come from the closet and said it wants to friends with the Jewish Nation .

Didn't saudi arabia help in the beginning of the process a couple years ago? Not sure the royal family is yet powerful enough to go against the mullahs, but...............

bml00

Aug-15

There have been deepening relations with Gulf States for some years , it is a start for others to eventually follow.

Saudi Arabia tried to be very discreet with its dealings with Israel , there are two people who are core to this , an Israeli called Chaim Saban and a Palestinian called Mohammed Dahlan security adviser to the UAE leader and sworn enemy of Abbas the leader of the PA

BM

In reply toRe: msg 9

Saudi Arabia tried to be very discreet with its dealings with Israel , there are two people who are core to this , an Israeli called Chaim Saban and a Palestinian called Mohammed Dahlan security adviser to the UAE leader and sworn enemy of Abbas the leader of the PA

It seems to me (uninformed as I actually am) that working with the rich gulf states that have been supporting the palestinians for decades was both very wise and, I don't believe, ever before attempted by any administration. Has it been?