Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GRMD #11   Religion

Started Sep-7 by PAULFROMNYS; 82 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-7

Then he speaks of Mary, to whom the angel Gabriel said: “Thou that are endued with grace, the Lord is with thee”. (1:28).  A little later he refers to another thus: “And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed unto him by the Holy Spirit...” (2:25-26)  And yet a little further on this: “And there was one Anna, a prophetess... she... spake of him to ALL THEM THAT WERE LOOKING for the redemption of Jerusalem.” (2:36,38).  Thus we see that there is still left a remnant of the faithful after hundreds of years of seeming death. God maintains a representative company.

slackerx

Sep-15

> Then he speaks of Mary

Speaking of la Virgén María, when my wife and I first met a little more than 23 years ago, she told me a couple of stories about her religion (Roman Catholic), and one of those stories involved la Virgén María.

In that story, she told me was about el Cerro del Manzanillo, a magical place. She told me how some 500 or so years ago, her ancestors ran away to Patía. And how they climbed el Cerro del Manzanillo to see if they could see África. When they couldn't see África, they played their musical instruments and cried. She told me about how their descendants would climb el Cerro del Manzanillo when they were sad, and how, when they couldn't see Äfrica, they too would play their instruments and cry. 

Over time all of those tears coalesced to form a lake.

My wife's ancestors were called cimarrones, negros huidos, negros fugitives, palenqueros, and were among the very first "illegals" here in America.

As it happens, my wife was born very close to el Cerro del Manzanillo, and about 60 years ago, when she was a little girl, there was a rumor going around Patía that la Virgén María had appeared at the top of el Cerro del Manzanillo, so my wife and a friend of hers climbed to the top to see if they could find Her.

It's a Catholic thang.

This is the best documentary available on the web about my wife's religion. Throughout the second half you can see some of the best views of el Cerro del Manzanillo that are available on the web. (Closed captioned in the language of your choice.)

Bambuco Patiano - Bambuco Negro

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-15

There is much done and said to allow for disbelief to feel secure.  We can feel enlightened far above, or given to, religious nonsense, or we can give heed to Hebrews 11:6.

In the words of Jesus:  John 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.   and:   John 6:28-29  Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.